Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Alekhine's Gun
07-08-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: Alekhine's Gun
(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  4) There was a Greenlight page about a remake of DTS1&2 with the engine and gameplay of DTS3, will that ever see the light of day? Probably not, but i think it would be awesome if that would happen.

About that... I now believe it was a trick to get more people aware of the Kickstarter campaign due to problems with getting the message out to those who Greenlit DtS3. But maybe HG could use the sales from Alekhine's Gun to make a 10th Anniversary remake of the first game in 2 years time (a la Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary). I'd love to see them implement a proper babka voice!Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2015, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 08:29 PM by Niall.)
(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  1) We do know that there will be a steam release that's obvious, but are you willing to support GOG too? I try to support DRM free as much as i can.

Isn't GOG normally for old games ('Good Old Games')?

(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  Also a PC retail release would also be nice, i love having a boxed copy of my fav games. Smile

I asked about this on the publisher's site. They said it will be retail release for PS4 and Xbox One and Steam release for PC; i.e. no PC retail release.
07-09-2015, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 12:53 AM by armitom.)
(07-08-2015 08:28 PM)Niall Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  1) We do know that there will be a steam release that's obvious, but are you willing to support GOG too? I try to support DRM free as much as i can.

Isn't GOG normally for old games ('Good Old Games')?

(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  Also a PC retail release would also be nice, i love having a boxed copy of my fav games. Smile

I asked about this on the publisher's site. They said it will be retail release for PS4 and Xbox One and Steam release for PC; i.e. no PC retail release.

Normally GOG started with old games, but these days a lot of AAA games are available there, Metro,Saints row,Witcher, shadow warrior etc
I think DTS would fit well in the family there Wink

Its a shame tha they are not planning a pc retail release..
Im getting it on Steam then, i hope we can pre-order soon.

(07-08-2015 08:03 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  4) There was a Greenlight page about a remake of DTS1&2 with the engine and gameplay of DTS3, will that ever see the light of day? Probably not, but i think it would be awesome if that would happen.

About that... I now believe it was a trick to get more people aware of the Kickstarter campaign due to problems with getting the message out to those who Greenlit DtS3. But maybe HG could use the sales from Alekhine's Gun to make a 10th Anniversary remake of the first game in 2 years time (a la Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary). I'd love to see them implement a proper babka voice!Big Grin

They could maybe add the those missions in Alekhines gun in the form of an expansion? Like flashback missions.
07-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Also a PC retail release would also be nice, i love having a boxed copy of my fav games. Smile

Well, now, we don't have control on that. It will publisher decide..

(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  BTW DTS1 is on GOG but not the sequel DTS2MOT are you planning on adding it there?

1C Publishing have the rights. I don't know why they not putting it there..

(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  2)There was a feature i remember back in the KS days where you could switch to 3 different characters, is that still in the game? Its understandable if its not, it must be pain to playtest all those levels and built 3 different characters

Yes. We decided to cancel that feature and focus only on Semyon gameplay.

(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  3)Are you planning any expansions/DLC and future support for the game/series? i Hope this is not the last time we see Semyon Sad

4) There was a Greenlight page about a remake of DTS1&2 with the engine and gameplay of DTS3, will that ever see the light of day? Probably not, but i think it would be awesome if that would happen.

DTS1&2 mission remakes can possibly be released as DLC. But we don't have any decision on that yet.

(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  5) When are we going to hear any more news about the game? Trailers,Gameplay Demos? A lot of conventions coming soon hopefully the game will get more attention and sales.

The closer to release date, the more info will be presented i guess Smile

(07-08-2015 07:17 PM)armitom Wrote:  Finally i want to wish the dev team my best wishes and personal thanks for not giving up on this project for what seems to be 5-6 years i think?

Thanks!
07-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Are you still thinking of releasing modding tools? The shadvs2txt programs don't work with the demo's shadvs files. I tried telling hykao about it, got no response. I could make separate mods which change the soundtrack of MoT to that of Alekhine's Gun and vice versa.
07-11-2015, 04:37 PM
(07-11-2015 03:12 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Are you still thinking of releasing modding tools? The shadvs2txt programs don't work with the demo's shadvs files. I tried telling hykao about it, got no response. I could make separate mods which change the soundtrack of MoT to that of Alekhine's Gun and vice versa.

I second this! Mods will make the game even better and get the community more engaged.
I can only think of the possibilities, fanmade levels, overhauls etc.
07-11-2015, 07:43 PM
(07-11-2015 03:12 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Are you still thinking of releasing modding tools? The shadvs2txt programs don't work with the demo's shadvs files. I tried telling hykao about it, got no response. I could make separate mods which change the soundtrack of MoT to that of Alekhine's Gun and vice versa.

Possibly. But we won't do any special user friendly tools. We will just release tools that devs use with some how-to tutorials.
07-11-2015, 07:45 PM
(07-11-2015 07:43 PM)Alexey Wrote:  

Possibly. But we won't do any special user friendly tools. We will just release tools that devs use with some how-to tutorials.

Whatever, just as long as it's modding tools. I'm currently getting to grips with DarkRadiant (used for The Dark Mod). Would this apply to all three games?
07-18-2015, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2015 12:06 AM by Cambrige5.)
This is such great news Big Grin I have to admit I lost hope when that indiegogo and kickstarter failed, I am really glad you managed to find a publisher.

You got a day one purchase from me, I promise Heart

Now I need to go replay the past games Tongue
07-18-2015, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2015 02:10 AM by armitom.)
(07-18-2015 12:06 AM)Cambrige5 Wrote:  This is such great news Big Grin I have to admit I lost hope when that indiegogo and kickstarter failed, I am really glad you managed to find a publisher.

You got a day one purchase from me, I promise Heart

Now I need to go replay the past games Tongue

I just installed the MOTmod a few days ago, im playing one mission each day so it will hold me over until dts3 comes along Big Grin