Haggard Games Forum
Alekhine's Gun - Printable Version

+- Haggard Games Forum (http://www.haggardgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Alekhine's Gun (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Alekhine's Gun (/showthread.php?tid=1569)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Alekhine's Gun - Niall - 07-07-2015 07:24 PM

I found the publisher's page for this game if anyone is interested: http://www.maximumgames.com/alekhines-gun/ Smile

Is there a reason why the Death to Spies name has been dropped?
Also it says on amazon.com that the release date is 31 December 2015. Is this the actual release date? What about the PC version?
Will this game be on Steam?

Thank you.

RE: Alekhine's Gun - Liz Shaw - 07-07-2015 08:26 PM

(07-07-2015 07:24 PM)Niall Wrote:  I found the publisher's page for this game if anyone is interested: http://www.maximumgames.com/alekhines-gun/ Smile

Is there a reason why the Death to Spies name has been dropped?
Also it says on amazon.com that the release date is 31 December 2015. Is this the actual release date? What about the PC version?
Will this game be on Steam?

Thank you.

You've got to remember this game will take place in the early 60s, almost 20 years after the disbandment of SMERSH, of which the series is named after (SMERSH being a Russian abbreviation of "Death to Spies"). I don't really trust the word of websites like Amazon and Ebay which give out release dates that are found nowhere else. Still, it'll be very interesting to see it come out on New Year's Eve.

RE: Alekhine's Gun - Niall - 07-07-2015 08:28 PM

I think it's probably a placeholder release date. Rome II Total War had this release date on Amazon at first but it was later moved to the start of September if I remember correctly.

RE: Alekhine's Gun - Liz Shaw - 07-08-2015 07:28 AM

Here's a new video, it's basically the E3 2015 interview, but it includes gameplay footage this time. Please note that this video is age-restricted, due to the fact that it was uploaded by Maximum Games themselves.

There's even a scene which is totally not a rip-off of the Hitman: Contracts mission "Beldingford Manor".Big Grin

RE: Alekhine's Gun - Alexey - 07-08-2015 11:13 AM

(07-07-2015 07:24 PM)Niall Wrote:  Is there a reason why the Death to Spies name has been dropped?

Publisher choice. But there is no changes in story/locations/character/etc. You are still playing as a Semyon, he is a KGB colonel. His codename/alias - Alekhine, in honor of famous soviet chess master.

(07-07-2015 07:24 PM)Niall Wrote:  What about the PC version? Will this game be on Steam?

PC version will be released together with consoles. Yes, it will be on Steam.

RE: Alekhine's Gun - Liz Shaw - 07-08-2015 11:15 AM

It's nice to hear b_dark3 from MoT's soundtrack being used in the villa mission at the end of the video. I always imagined this would suit the atmosphere there. Will music from MoT be used in all missions in this game?

RE: Alekhine's Gun - Alexey - 07-08-2015 01:01 PM

(07-08-2015 11:15 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  It's nice to hear b_dark3 from MoT's soundtrack being used in the villa mission at the end of the video. I always imagined this would suit the atmosphere there. Will music from MoT be used in all missions in this game?

Maybe some tracks, but i'm not sure about that. We plan to record new music for our locations. It will be same style/atmosphere thought.

RE: Alekhine's Gun - Bloodrot - 07-08-2015 05:47 PM

(07-08-2015 01:01 PM)Alexey Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 11:15 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  It's nice to hear b_dark3 from MoT's soundtrack being used in the villa mission at the end of the video. I always imagined this would suit the atmosphere there. Will music from MoT be used in all missions in this game?

Maybe some tracks, but i'm not sure about that. We plan to record new music for our locations. It will be same style/atmosphere thought.

So let me get this straight. After the failed kickstarter, you found a publisher willing to take the game. You renamed it. And now the game is back in full development and will be ready for release in Q4 2015. Wow.

First of all, congratulations. I honestly cannot express how happy I am for you and your team. And how excited I am to finally see this stealth gem in a fully playable state.

And second (I know I live under a rock) when did all this happen? When was the news of the publisher switch announced?

RE: Alekhine's Gun - Liz Shaw - 07-08-2015 06:33 PM

(07-08-2015 05:47 PM)Bloodrot Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 01:01 PM)Alexey Wrote:  

So let me get this straight. After the failed kickstarter, you found a publisher willing to take the game. You renamed it. And now the game is back in full development and will be ready for release in Q4 2015. Wow.

First of all, congratulations. I honestly cannot express how happy I am for you and your team. And how excited I am to finally see this stealth gem in a fully playable state.

And second (I know I live under a rock) when did all this happen? When was the news of the publisher switch announced?

The DtS3 sections were removed from the forum by the time E3 came around. Maximum Games announced the game there, but we on HG's side of things only became aware of it days afterwards, when they posted it on their Facebook page.

RE: Alekhine's Gun - armitom - 07-08-2015 07:17 PM

I loved DTS1&2 i'm so glad you managed to strike a deal with a publisher!

I have some questions

1) We do know that there will be a steam release that's obvious, but are you willing to support GOG too? I try to support DRM free as much as i can.
Also a PC retail release would also be nice, i love having a boxed copy of my fav games. Smile

BTW DTS1 is on GOG but not the sequel DTS2MOT are you planning on adding it there?

2)There was a feature i remember back in the KS days where you could switch to 3 different characters, is that still in the game? Its understandable if its not, it must be pain to playtest all those levels and built 3 different characters

3)Are you planning any expansions/DLC and future support for the game/series? i Hope this is not the last time we see Semyon Sad

4) There was a Greenlight page about a remake of DTS1&2 with the engine and gameplay of DTS3, will that ever see the light of day? Probably not, but i think it would be awesome if that would happen.

5) When are we going to hear any more news about the game? Trailers,Gameplay Demos? A lot of conventions coming soon hopefully the game will get more attention and sales.

Finally i want to wish the dev team my best wishes and personal thanks for not giving up on this project for what seems to be 5-6 years i think?
I hope and know we will be getting a great game!Heart

These are great times for stealth gamers!
We have Dishonored2,MGSV,DE MankindDivided,Hitman6,Ghost Warrior3

SPY ON!!