Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Mystery Foes - The First Alekhine's Gun Fan Mission
12-16-2019, 01:37 PM
RE: Mystery Foes - The First Alekhine's Gun Fan Mission
(12-16-2019 12:57 PM)Alexey Wrote:  
(12-05-2019 03:10 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  So, moral of the story - don't let your mission's LUA go over 222kb.Blush

That is strange. I don't remember that we were adding any kind of size limit to LUA scripts. Huh

Seems to be a limitation with what the engine can handle then.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2021, 06:31 AM
v2.5 is up, and the OP is updated. It's been ready for a while, but I wanted to wait until v0.10 of the Enhancement Addon was ready so I could release both simultaneously, as v2.5 uses some stuff from Addon v0.10, notably cream_soda's Shaders and Shadows fix. Because of this, there are more files listed in the OP that must NOT be overwritten if the Addon was installed first, and vice versa. You also have to delete your shader cache if you haven't already done so with Addon v0.10, as according to cream_soda his fixes won't work if you don't.
07-16-2021, 06:33 AM
In a few days, I'll release v1.11 of the Enhancement Addon. However, if you use the Italian translation, having Mystery Foes installed before installing v1.11 will cause problems (the title of the Fan Mission will be missing in the main menu), as I discovered a typo in one of the main menu options which I have fixed in v1.11, and I have no plans on releasing any future version of Mystery Foes in the near future because it will require modifying the level's Terrain file via 3ds Max 2009, and I have a couple Fan Missions I want to get done first before that can happen.

But it's something you can fix yourself with the ShadScript tool. First, go to this file:

UI\IT_strings.shadvs

Then search for the entry "OP31". Change the text string in that entry from "CONTNUA PARTITA" to "CONTINUA PARTITA".

Or alternatively, if you use the Addon v1.11 version of the file, just right click on "root" at the start of the file, select Create, then Key. String is the default Key type, so all you have to do is type "MYST". Then double-click MYST, which should be at the very bottom of the list, and type "Nemici Misteriosi".

I hope this helps until I attempt at improving Mystery Foes again. Until then, please put up with the inconvenience once Addon v1.11 is released.
03-24-2022, 07:46 AM
I'm re-releasing Mystery Foes v2.5 as part of the first Fan Mission pack. This is primarily to keep the mission up to date with the Addon, due to changes I had to make for Would You Kindly. Here are the links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n67r1yzyobxkdl...0.rar?dl=0

https://mega.nz/file/CsdFkIIS#guFNzfWy21...StOOoSOw_o

Be sure to read the ReadMe for those who installed Addon v0.12 first.

It will be a while still before v2.6 of Mystery Foes is ready, so until then, the Fan Mission pack is a temporary fix to the compatibility issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.
05-31-2022, 07:49 AM
v2.6 is finally up, and the OP has been updated. It has also been updated with an extra paragraph in the Known Issues section.