Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
MoTmod Addon v13.0
02-20-2017, 03:03 PM
MoTmod Addon v13.0
It's been over a year, and only four more weeks until the anniversary of Alekhine's Gun's Steam release, but v13.0 of the MoTmod Addon is finally out. Here's a video showing off the revamping of Paycheck:

Here are the links to the addon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fb4i5xemdva9r...0.rar?dl=0

https://mega.nz/#!ygUBgTTC!1W90BdeEeBMch...c485y1WJd0

And here's the changelog:
  • Some waypoints have been modified for the new jobs in Winter Cold and Eight Snipers.
  • The soldier sitting on a chair in the corner facing the stairs to the second floor of the eighth tower now uses one of the radios on Saboteur difficulty (Eight Snipers).
  • Strogov now does some custom animations for certain interactions in DtS missions.
  • Changed "Restore spawn direction" for NPC "GermanSoldier_74" from "1" to "0" (Stronghold).
  • The fight theme in Winter Cold has been replaced with "alt_loops.rhythm1_alt" from the extracted Halo PC files (credited as "Peril" from Halo: Combat Evolved OST).
  • The default and fight themes in Die Spies! have been replaced with those used in the Death to Spies 3 Demo.
  • Paycheck has now been fully revamped.
  • Replaced a couple more British and American voice files.
  • The two sets of spare clothes in Die Spies! no longer levitate.
  • Added three driveable motorbikes in Eight Snipers, but beware - you'll risk an alert if you hop on some of them in front of their owners.
  • Fixed a bug where some models and textures will fail to load if you set your language for non-Unicode programs to Russian.
  • The archives chief no longer smokes (Embassy).
  • Heer workers now have their Actor type changed from "Officer" to "Soldier". This is so soldiers don't salute you while dressed as a worker in Jagdpanther and Eight Snipers, and to eliminate a potential exploit in Die Spies!.
  • Changed the sitting animations for the officer who's wine you can poison and Richter's bodyguard when you turn on the projector. It's unlikely the models will ever be adapted to MoT skeleton now (White Head).

The next version is going to focus on revamping Stronghold and maybe the Training mission, and I'll also try to add new brushes. However, my priorities at the moment are v0.04 of the Alekhine's Gun Addon, as well as other projects, so it will be a while before I get round to starting more major work done on this addon. In the meantime, enjoy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2017, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2017 07:28 PM by armitom.)
RE: MoTmod Addon v13.0
oh yeah baby! i had an itch to play through DTS again, now i will Big Grin

Thanks again Smile
02-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Thumbs Up RE: MoTmod Addon v13.0
How do you changing/adding waypoints and anchors without editor?

I'm going to check it out soon, and leave a feedback. I playing Shadow Tactics now, which is updated clone of Desperados + Commandos in Japan Edo setting. I strongly suggest to play it, Death To Spies fans. Wink
02-21-2017, 02:56 PM
(02-21-2017 12:39 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  How do you changing/adding waypoints and anchors without editor?

I'm going to check it out soon, and leave a feedback. I playing Shadow Tactics now, which is updated clone of Desperados + Commandos in Japan Edo setting. I strongly suggest to play it, Death To Spies fans. Wink

Waypoints and Anchors have their own streams in the SWD file. Just search the words "PYAW" and "NAIA", respectively. Adding new anchors was easy, unfortunately I never found a way to add new waypoints without screwing up the SWD, so I had to find existing waypoints and move them a bit to give an NPC good distance between it and the object they're touching. Please note that it is impossible to add new Anchors in the SWDs for Alekhine's Gun, as the Anchors stream is structured very differently on those.

And I will play Shadow Tactics eventually, definitely has elements from both Commandos and Desperados. To give a historical note, the Siege of Osaka happened in 1614-15, and was the last time anyone tried to challenge the Tokugawa Shogunate. From then on, the Tokugawa clan kept the peace until 1853, when the Americans demanded Japan open up trade with the international powers, and the Shogunate officially came to an end in 1868. The rule of the Tokugawa was called the Edo period because they ruled from Edo Castle, today part of Tokyo.
02-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Shadow Tactics was my favorite game of last year, definitely check it out.
03-01-2017, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 12:07 PM by adolf.)
Love you.
03-01-2017, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 01:54 PM by Kiano.)
Very well, you have altered Paycheck.
But I do not understand why the officer can not go to the warehouse? This same officer.
It would be nice to remake most DtS levels and add more variation and remove silly situations.
03-01-2017, 01:59 PM
(03-01-2017 01:51 PM)Kiano Wrote:  Very well, you have altered Paycheck.
But I do not understand why the officer can not go to the warehouse? This same officer.
It would be nice to remake most DtS levels and add more variation and remove silly situations.

There are other missions where officers can't go into warehouses. Also, I had other ideas for Paycheck:
  • I thought about having Meyer-Mader step out onto the front balcony to give players a sniping opportunity. However, the door cannot be opened and no waypoints have been added. I can't find a way to add the code without screwing up the SWD.
  • Have a peasant spy on KnutBig Grin, he'll give you a silenced Mosin-Nagant if you approach him, and Knut will stop kissing his secretary after that so you can snipe him through the window.
  • Enter the main building through an open window. Unfortunately, I don't think the building model allows for this.
03-01-2017, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 07:59 PM by adolf.)
(03-01-2017 01:51 PM)Kiano Wrote:  It would be nice to remake most DtS levels and add more variation and remove silly situations.
It would be cool if all missions revamping.

(02-20-2017 03:03 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  The next version is going to focus on revamping Stronghold
This mission is my most hated. I hope you have the motivation and patience to bring it to mind.
03-02-2017, 03:57 AM
(03-01-2017 01:59 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  There are other missions where officers can't go into warehouses. Also, I had other ideas for Paycheck:
  • I thought about having Meyer-Mader step out onto the front balcony to give players a sniping opportunity. However, the door cannot be opened and no waypoints have been added. I can't find a way to add the code without screwing up the SWD.
  • Have a peasant spy on KnutBig Grin, he'll give you a silenced Mosin-Nagant if you approach him, and Knut will stop kissing his secretary after that so you can snipe him through the window.
  • Enter the main building through an open window. Unfortunately, I don't think the building model allows for this.
  • You can jump on balcony from any of the trucks;
  • Interesting, but this is a cheap way. Devs provided the most balanced c&c type of solution for sniping in vanilla;
  • You can walk through all windows in the main building and in some houses on this level with the help of motorcycle.
BTW, Kiano clearly don't understand stealth game design choices and classical mechanical backbone of this genre.