Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Alpha Layers
01-08-2017, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2017 09:34 AM by Liz Shaw.)
Alpha Layers
I'm currently trying to add Feldgrau uniforms to the German soldier models. Unfortunately, when trying to view them in the editor, I found that the new uniforms lack an alpha layer because the alpha layers on the original textures cannot be viewed in PhotoShop, and therefore overwrites everything (gsoldier_body1.dds is a 1.33MB file, whereas my new dds is 682KB). I'll post screenshots shortly, show you what I'm trying to do. Can someone help me out with this, please? Is there a way to restore the original alpha layers in PhotoShop?

PS. Never mind, I found out what I've done wrong. The alpha channels are hidden, and can only be viewed by clicking "Load Selection". When saving the PSD file as a DDS, I selected "DXT3 ARGB 8 bpp | explicit alpha" and saved it as that. The textures show up fine now, and the alpha layer when viewed in the Material Editor is exactly the same as the original texture. I'll post screenshots soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply