Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Alekhine's Gun Enhancement Addon v0.03
10-25-2016, 07:01 AM
Alekhine's Gun Enhancement Addon v0.03
The next version of the Alekhine's Gun Enhancement Addon is finally out! This version has some new features which I have not been able to implement until now, thanks to the editor and modding tools.

Here's the changelog:
  • The dialogue of the guard who frisks you before allowing you into Cataldo's room has been re-recorded (Omerta).
  • The lieutenant's dialogue in Dogs of War has been re-recorded.
  • The conversations in Check and Mate have been re-recorded.
  • An extra nurse has been added near the dining hall in Ghosts of the Past.
  • There's now a blonde maid in A Mole Among Us and Omerta.
  • Added new skins to Actors "GermanRedCross" and "GermanGestapo" (fireman's head). Feel free to play around with them in the editor.
  • The wandering officer in the fire department now pauses near the bookshelf in his office for a few seconds after getting up from his chair (Snake Born).
  • The radio in the room next to the bar can now be turned on to distract the bartender (Omerta).
  • Added a new Actor, "GusanosNude", and replaced the sleeping soldier in the hut with the spare uniform with said Actor (Black Book).
  • Added an engraved knife in the same hut (Black Book).
  • On Saboteur difficulty, the soldiers who have a conversation in Black Book now have new jobs after speaking.
  • The traitor and the diplomat now have German voices rather than American ones (A Mole Among Us).
  • The head of the conspiracy now has a German voice rather than an American one (You Only Live Twice).
  • Added subtitles for the conversation in the lobby (A Mole Among Us).
  • Added a new voice clip for the conversation near the traitor's room (A Mole Among Us).
  • Some sentences have been properly translated in the French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese language texts.
  • The weapon "Hi-Standart HDM" has now been corrected to "High Standard HDM" in the French, Italian and Portuguese language texts.
  • The credits for the DtS3 Enhancement Addon have now been implemented into the in-game credits.

And here's a video to go with it:

And here are the download links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jexjt62r4npm3b...3.rar?dl=0

https://mega.nz/#!ystTTZ6L!JDLk6PT29kBxD...2UcvgwBzEA

I'll be taking a bit of a break from this mod and concentrate on the MoTmod Addon for now. I can't really do much until the remaining levels are available for modding. But I have ideas on what to include in the next version:
  • New voice clips, especially battle dialogue for female NPCs.
  • Change the color of the black SS uniforms to feldgrau.
  • Add new objective in Ghosts of the Past where you have to put down the prisoner strapped to the chair in the interrogation room (thanks to ComradeReptiloid for that idea).
  • Russian translation of the new hotel lobby subtitles in A Mole Among Us.

And of course, I have a mission in my head based on the infamous West Berlin border checkpoint, Checkpoint Charlie. But I can't figure out a story for it. It's not going to be part of the Addon, though.

In the meantime, enjoy!Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Alekhine's Gun Enhancement Addon v0.03
Nice to see this keeps getting updated Big Grin

Thank you for your hard work.
10-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Your mod inspired me to continue my work. I guess someone still interested in this game after all. Smile
10-25-2016, 05:08 PM
(10-25-2016 04:40 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Your mod inspired me to continue my work. I guess someone still interested in this game after all. Smile

The reason why it took so long was it took a while to look for translators.
10-26-2016, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2016 05:08 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(10-25-2016 05:08 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(10-25-2016 04:40 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Your mod inspired me to continue my work. I guess someone still interested in this game after all. Smile

Can you help me with reverse engineering Soldier_Following scripts and explain how to implement them into the game Idea. Idea is to make ambal open the prison door, play scripted text, prisoners start follwing him, ambal closes door on deadlock, ambal goes outside and leave prisoner in defined point, then he comes back and repeat procedure with another one. After all 3 prisoners transported ambal stays watching them forever.

Already finished jobs for ambal and prisoners and unfortunately, as expected, they work quite sloppy. I done this via using simple anchor synchronization, so every little inconvenience lead to inconsistency and broken timings. Also I find soporific scripts in Mission 6 Omerta very confusing. I dont mind receiving a feedback on that issue too, if you have a spare time of course. Shy

Love your addon and learning thing or two for my future stable release. Can you tell me how to add new skins via Material Editor?
10-27-2016, 01:54 AM
(10-26-2016 05:00 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  
(10-25-2016 05:08 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  

Can you help me with reverse engineering Soldier_Following scripts and explain how to implement them into the game Idea. Idea is to make ambal open the prison door, play scripted text, prisoners start follwing him, ambal closes door on deadlock, ambal goes outside and leave prisoner in defined point, then he comes back and repeat procedure with another one. After all 3 prisoners transported ambal stays watching them forever.

Already finished jobs for ambal and prisoners and unfortunately, as expected, they work quite sloppy. I done this via using simple anchor synchronization, so every little inconvenience lead to inconsistency and broken timings. Also I find soporific scripts in Mission 6 Omerta very confusing. I dont mind receiving a feedback on that issue too, if you have a spare time of course. Shy

Love your addon and learning thing or two for my future stable release. Can you tell me how to add new skins via Material Editor?

I don't really know much about these scripts myself. And also, press M to bring up the Material Editor, then press Add and it will ask you to clone the currently selected screen. I didn't use the Material Editor to add the new skins for v0.03, however.
11-01-2016, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 12:45 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
After installing your addon my game crashes on level initialize. You can find log in attachments (must add .txt extension to upload this file). Search "warning", "fail", "can't" in log for fast reference. My last try was Hotel level on Easy diffculty. Crushed too.
Maybe I installed your addon wrong? I unpacked it and overriten files. Any advise on that issue?

Attached File(s)
.txt  dts3.log.txt (Size: 32 KB / Downloads: 385)
11-01-2016, 03:02 AM
(11-01-2016 12:43 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  After installing your addon my game crashes on level initialize. You can find log in attachments (must add .txt extension to upload this file). Search "warning", "fail", "can't" in log for fast reference. My last try was Hotel level on Easy diffculty. Crushed too.
Maybe I installed your addon wrong? I unpacked it and overriten files. Any advise on that issue?

The game sometimes crashes when trying to bring up a level. I don't know what the problem could be. Has anyone else installed my mod and encountered the same problems?
11-01-2016, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 03:47 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(11-01-2016 03:02 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  The game sometimes crashes when trying to bring up a level. I don't know what the problem could be. Has anyone else installed my mod and encountered the same problems?
It happens on every level on every difficulty! Thats the problem. 100% fail. I reinstalled AG on SSD (was on hdd with OS before) and still same problem. Problem must be with this crucial job, required for combat:
ScriptError: [string "Scripts\Job\TaskKillWatchActor.lua.precomp"]:127: `end' expected (to close `if' at line 123) near `if';

That why I'm not very entusiastic about my mod. Peoples simply dont play them. I wonder where all this guests coming from. Or new 'legitimate' users in registration queue, that just simple ad bots. Nonetheless, YT show minor interest in Alekhine's Gun. New let's plays series coming out every week. On minus side --- almost all of them casual players plus console peasants --- the ultimate cause of failed crowdfunding campaingn and rushed low-budget development of AG. Ok, I start pointless arguing, better go and watch some Rifftrax. Dodgy
11-01-2016, 04:11 AM
(11-01-2016 03:44 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  It happens on every level on every difficulty! Thats the problem. 100% fail. I reinstalled AG on SSD (was on hdd with OS before) and still same problem. Problem must be with this crucial job, required for combat:
ScriptError: [string "Scripts\Job\TaskKillWatchActor.lua.precomp"]:127: `end' expected (to close `if' at line 123) near `if';

That why I'm not very entusiastic about my mod. Peoples simply dont play them. I wonder where all this guests coming from. Or new 'legitimate' users in registration queue, that just simple ad bots. Nonetheless, YT show minor interest in Alekhine's Gun. New let's plays series coming out every week. On minus side --- almost all of them casual players plus console peasants --- the ultimate cause of failed crowdfunding campaingn and rushed low-budget development of AG. Ok, I start pointless arguing, better go and watch some Rifftrax. Dodgy

The only theory I can think of is there are files you modified that clash with my mod. Also, anybody else besides ComradeReptiloid who have the same problems with my mod? Please post here if you do. I appreciate feedback, I don't get much feedback on both this mod and the MoTmod Addon.