Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Editor and tools
08-04-2016, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 11:54 PM by Hiei-.)
RE: Editor and tools
Did someone find a way to create a terrain from scratch?

In the menu, I can export the one from the first level and import it in a new map but I didn't find any option to create one from scratch? Even in the "Terrain" tabs, most fields give an error saying there's no existing terrain.

Edit : But I guess we'll really need a template (I guess a closed level with a terrain and which is working in-game to start from scratch from a working level) anyway because if you just import a terrain and try to export the level in the game, you make the game crash without any useful logs (seems normal as a lot of things were missing in this level) but even with a pretty advanced level, you wouldn't know what make the game crash if you forgot something (I mean, from levels created form scratch).

Which is not the case if you just modify an already existing level, but I guess most people will want to make new levels from scratch rather than just modify the exisitng levels.

Is there some kind of debug features hidden in the level editor for those situations? (for example, I tried to delete most of the things in the first level and some can be deleted, some can't as they make the game crash and I have no clue why because the editors only output a few warnings and in the version of the level where I deleted some of the layout, there were no warnings when I exported it in-game).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 12:30 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
I have few questions:
  1. How can i change models using 3dsmax9?
  2. I cant pick anything except GermanSoldier template for new uniform in Ghost of the Past. GermanOfficer, GermanSkirt dont work. Uniform simply cant be used.
  3. How can i change VisArea form? Polyshapes have static form and dont feet in with many structures.
  4. Is it possible to make movingbody working on Ghost of the Past? I copypasted script from Omerta .lua, just changed anchors:

Level.WriteArray( Level.BodyAnchorsList );

Level.BodyAnchorsList = Level.ReadArray();

Level.BodyAnchorsList = { 'AN74', 'AN73', 'AN67' };

--------------------------------------------------------
    -- Name: Level.OnBodyClinic()
    -- Desc:
    function Level.OnBodyClinic( npc, body )
    --print( "Level.OnBodyClinic: " .. tostring(npc) .. " : " .. tostring(body) );

local params = {};
    params["Anchor"] = 'AN01';

local onOk = AI.TestConfigFlag(npc, "move_body");
    if onOk != true then
    return;
    end

for i in Level.BodyAnchorsList do
    local anchor = AI.FindAnchor( Level.BodyAnchorsList[i] );

if anchor != nil then
    if AI.IsAnchorBinded(anchor) == false then
    params["Anchor"] = Level.BodyAnchorsList[i];
    AI.RunTask(npc, "TASK_MOVE_BODY", params);
    return;
    end
    end
    end
    end

Plus i copypasted anchor properties from Omerta A118 and A119 to 3 defined ones in Mission 1. I put 3 test soldiers and checked movingbody options on two of them. Nothing appears to happen, only default behaviour, like investigating body.
08-05-2016, 06:34 AM
(08-05-2016 12:27 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  I have few questions:
  1. How can i change models using 3dsmax9?
  2. I cant pick anything except GermanSoldier template for new uniform in Ghost of the Past. GermanOfficer, GermanSkirt dont work. Uniform simply cant be used.
  3. How can i change VisArea form? Polyshapes have static form and dont feet in with many structures.
  4. Is it possible to make movingbody working on Ghost of the Past? I copypasted script from Omerta .lua, just changed anchors:

Level.WriteArray( Level.BodyAnchorsList );

Level.BodyAnchorsList = Level.ReadArray();

Level.BodyAnchorsList = { 'AN74', 'AN73', 'AN67' };

-- Name: Level.OnBodyClinic()
    -- Desc:
    function Level.OnBodyClinic( npc, body )
    --print( "Level.OnBodyClinic: " .. tostring(npc) .. " : " .. tostring(body) );

local params = {};
    params["Anchor"] = 'AN01';

if onOk != true then
    return;
    end

if anchor != nil then
    if AI.IsAnchorBinded(anchor) == false then
    params["Anchor"] = Level.BodyAnchorsList[i];
    AI.RunTask(npc, "TASK_MOVE_BODY", params);
    return;
    end
    end
    end
    end

Plus i copypasted anchor properties from Omerta A118 and A119 to 3 defined ones in Mission 1. I put 3 test soldiers and checked movingbody options on two of them. Nothing appears to happen, only default behaviour, like investigating body.

Did you assign these anchors as ai job for npc ?
08-05-2016, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 01:38 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
Question RE: Editor and tools
(08-05-2016 06:34 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Did you assign these anchors as ai job for npc ?
If you talk about AI_JOB_SCRIPT, then yes. I pick Level08.zamok.lua in script and Level.OnBodyClinic() in custom string 1 for TestNPC#1. And checked movebody for him.
For second one i used AI_JOB_IDLE and movebody checked. Thrid npc was test subject for kill. All 3 was placed near manhole, where this 3 Anchors placed. After killing third npc other two (with movebody checked) just checked his body and move on. They procced to normal activity after calm down time passed.
I dont think that you need assign anchors to npcs, because script auto-find them from Level.BodyAnchorsList

if onOk != true then
return;
end
Checking movebody flag on npc

Picking anchor from List, defined before.

I dont understand one thing. Where i need to define Level.BodyAnchorsList. On Omerta level it was under function Level.OnInitialize(). On GhostofthePast it was under function Level.OnFinishLoad(). I tried puting it in function Level.OnInitialize() - dont work out either. It pissing me off realy hard.
BTW, i cant find any npc on Omerta with movebody option checked and in Jobs.shadvs nothing on it too. And Anchors 118, 119 (bodyclinic anchors) dont attached too anyone.

Edit: Dont work on mission 6 too... I remember this script working on v1.0 Wont work even after checking movebody on.
08-05-2016, 03:25 PM
(08-05-2016 01:00 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 06:34 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Did you assign these anchors as ai job for npc ?
If you talk about AI_JOB_SCRIPT, then yes. I pick Level08.zamok.lua in script and Level.OnBodyClinic() in custom string 1 for TestNPC#1. And checked movebody for him.
For second one i used AI_JOB_IDLE and movebody checked. Thrid npc was test subject for kill. All 3 was placed near manhole, where this 3 Anchors placed. After killing third npc other two (with movebody checked) just checked his body and move on. They procced to normal activity after calm down time passed.
I dont think that you need assign anchors to npcs, because script auto-find them from Level.BodyAnchorsList

if onOk != true then
return;
end
Checking movebody flag on npc

Picking anchor from List, defined before.

I dont understand one thing. Where i need to define Level.BodyAnchorsList. On Omerta level it was under function Level.OnInitialize(). On GhostofthePast it was under function Level.OnFinishLoad(). I tried puting it in function Level.OnInitialize() - dont work out either. It pissing me off realy hard.
BTW, i cant find any npc on Omerta with movebody option checked and in Jobs.shadvs nothing on it too. And Anchors 118, 119 (bodyclinic anchors) dont attached too anyone.

Edit: Dont work on mission 6 too... I remember this script working on v1.0 Wont work even after checking movebody on.

Hmm so what custom string do? so far I have only able to understand AI Job script can some one elaborate how to select npcs for multiple interaction animation in detail?
Also I Alexey should definitely release a blank template map with terrian so that we can create a level from scratch.
08-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Can't wait for the blank template , in the mean while can some one share what they have discovered in the editor in simple step by step lines? will make our lives much easier.
08-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Can any one tell me what is vis area and how to setup interiors in the game , all I can do currently is place interior room in the game and top of it the exterior part but there seems to be clipping issues and things look totally weird. basically how to connect them.
08-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Ok I have added couple of npc in hei uploaded map and added some anchors with animation but npcs just stand their in their position and smoking and then standing idle . how to make npcs use those new anchors?
08-06-2016, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 04:16 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
Sad RE: Editor and tools
(08-04-2016 04:46 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Okay, so I installed 3ds Max 2009, and I copied the plugins into the program files. How do I view the SMF models in it?
Extremely relevant. There is no import plugin for .SMF file extension!

(08-06-2016 03:27 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Ok I have added couple of npc in hei uploaded map and added some anchors with animation but npcs just stand their in their position and smoking and then standing idle . how to make npcs use those new anchors?
Assign same idle group unique numbers (use 99 and below, because #100 and after dont work for me) for npc and anchor. Pick show idle group option to view connected anchors and path order. If Hei deleted all waypoints, then you must generate new, or npc want move.
BTW: You can edit terrain in 3dsmax2009, i you want complete blank level.
08-06-2016, 04:21 PM
(08-06-2016 04:06 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 04:46 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Okay, so I installed 3ds Max 2009, and I copied the plugins into the program files. How do I view the SMF models in it?
Extremely relevant. There is no import plugin for .SMF file extension!

So how then do I add new skins to an existing SMF model?