Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game?
05-27-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game?
I don't know how will work the level editor and I'm not really good at being creative (creating from scratch) but I guess I would be able to design a level (backgrounds/walls/etc...) from an example so I might try to remake one of the levels of the previous game and maybe let something else deal with the rest (NPC, scripting) If I don't manage to do it myself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2016, 10:12 AM
(05-27-2016 11:52 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  I don't know how will work the level editor and I'm not really good at being creative (creating from scratch) but I guess I would be able to design a level (backgrounds/walls/etc...) from an example so I might try to remake one of the levels of the previous game and maybe let something else deal with the rest (NPC, scripting) If I don't manage to do it myself.

Alexy will upload some tutorials videos on youtube , I think it will be another Far cry type editor which was pretty easy to use.
05-28-2016, 03:34 PM
I do not believe that someone would do new levels. Edit existing think yes.
05-28-2016, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 10:43 PM by Hiei-.)
(05-28-2016 10:12 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  
(05-27-2016 11:52 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  I don't know how will work the level editor and I'm not really good at being creative (creating from scratch) but I guess I would be able to design a level (backgrounds/walls/etc...) from an example so I might try to remake one of the levels of the previous game and maybe let something else deal with the rest (NPC, scripting) If I don't manage to do it myself.

Alexy will upload some tutorials videos on youtube , I think it will be another Far cry type editor which was pretty easy to use.

I'm not sure it'll be that easy as he said you'll have to know some coding to do a proper level with the NPC and such but we'll see anyway.

If we can edit the existing ones, I might be able to do the whole thing, as I guess it'll be easier to edit a guard script rather than creating one from scratch.

(05-28-2016 03:34 PM)adolf Wrote:  I do not believe that someone would do new levels. Edit existing think yes.

Oh, you can be sure there will be new ones. Modders already do amazing stuffs often without proper tools so with proper tools...
06-20-2016, 12:32 PM
Its been a month now so how long before the editor?
06-20-2016, 01:09 PM
(06-20-2016 12:32 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Its been a month now so how long before the editor?

Alexey said that he THINKS it would be in a month, that DOESN'T mean that it WILL come out in a month. It'll come when it'll come.
06-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Yeah.
06-22-2016, 07:23 AM
(06-20-2016 11:38 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  Yeah.

Hmm more wait I guess Smile
07-16-2016, 11:39 AM
(06-22-2016 07:23 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  
(06-20-2016 11:38 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  Yeah.

Hmm more wait I guess Smile

No signs of the editor yet Sad being patient.
07-16-2016, 01:55 PM
I am being patient too, maybe a nice patch would be nice to soften the wait, i still get crashes