Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Bug reports
05-26-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: Bug reports
(05-26-2016 01:20 AM)Hiei- Wrote:  I haven't got a crash yet since the update but it seems some people still have some : http://steamcommunity.com/app/406720/dis...205786359/

So I guess it would be nice to enable/add some debugs features in a beta-update branch to try to localize and fix those bugs, as it's the major flaw left in the game.

(Especially if you plan to release the level editor soon).

Oh yeah, they're still there...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2016, 12:03 AM
(05-21-2016 02:13 AM)Hiei- Wrote:  One other thing we would need confirmation is about the ghost ranking. I read somewhere you have to kill targets with accidents to get it (it's what I did in the first level) but I'm not sure it really have to be done this way. I think just killing the targets and hide the bodies should be enough? (like in Hitman). As before the first patch, accidents counted as bodies found, if it was really required to only do accidents, it would mean the ghost rank was not available without the first patch, which seems weird.

@Alexey : Can you confirm that?
05-27-2016, 04:37 PM
(05-27-2016 12:03 AM)Hiei- Wrote:  
(05-21-2016 02:13 AM)Hiei- Wrote:  One other thing we would need confirmation is about the ghost ranking. I read somewhere you have to kill targets with accidents to get it (it's what I did in the first level) but I'm not sure it really have to be done this way. I think just killing the targets and hide the bodies should be enough? (like in Hitman). As before the first patch, accidents counted as bodies found, if it was really required to only do accidents, it would mean the ghost rank was not available without the first patch, which seems weird.

Yes. To get Ghost rating you have to kill only by accidents.
05-27-2016, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 12:15 AM by Hiei-.)
(05-27-2016 04:37 PM)Alexey Wrote:  
(05-27-2016 12:03 AM)Hiei- Wrote:  

Yes. To get Ghost rating you have to kill only by accidents.

I guess it's a bit weird according to the rank name (ghost rather than saboteur) but okay Smile I thought it was the equivalent of Silent Assassin in Hitman, when you only had to kill the targets without being seen.

It's been already said before but do you need any tests help for the crashs?
06-01-2016, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 05:17 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
What i want to see from new patches:
- Add grenades for every soldier.
- Make enemies more aggresive and use covers more. Enemies in cover should hit you 100% of times
- Sneak run should be slower, make lot of noise and be effective only at easy difficulty.
- Make running in any unifrom suspicious action and attach script, that make guards turn around immediately, like when you sound meter get full in sabouter uniform. And if you round around to chloro or kill them from the back, then dangermeter become full in miliseconds, you get alert and enemies start shooting.
- Runing in adjacent rooms or staircase room at top level should make enemies watchfull and go invistigate latest sound source and not the initial one. But add distraction zone limit for every enemy, then it would be impossible to lure enemy in farthest corner of the map. If enemy dont find anything, thaen he run back to usual patrol scheme and turn around immidiately still work. If enemy static zone guard, than he stay in place and use point the finger animation to call couple of patroling guards for invistigation purposes.
- Make enemies follow you, if they suspecting you, like they do in scripted places (usually poisoning spots guards). When enemy leave patroling zone, then he run back. Add head movement to all guards, if they suspecting you. Chin scratching and gun unholstering animations should be removed or reworked to not allow players option of silent killing suspicious enemies via choking or chloro.
- Count sneak walk as completely silent way of aproaching target. If you switch to sneak run in last moment, then killing/chloro attemt animation start, that make noise. So you can't put away 2-3 enemies patrols such stupid way. Make sneak walk slower than patrol speed or incerease patroling guards speed.
- Make every patrol or patrolling guard watchfull and remember static soldiers places like in Comandos or Desperados. Implement scrit, that check for dead body in room/zone not in container and if yes, then everyone in certain radius go watchfull state every time, when enemy not in usual place.
- Make info spreading in larger zone and on different topics like distraction, shooting, dead body, uniform, no static guard in place, opened door, light off, examined body, seen in restrcted zone, place where player not been searched yet, where player was last seen.
- Info spreading should work on changed uniform!
- Make lockpicking suspicious and lockpicking warning animation for keyhole. Carrying body shold make less noise and add containers on levels for body storage.
- Add insta suspicous actons: enemy weapon holstered or in hands, knife in hands, changing clothes, spotted in restricted area, aiming at guard. Add sound detection for falling body in every zone and door creacking for every zone. Add different surfaces sound levels and add hiding in shadows like mission 6.
- Add lot of non implemented scripts, weapon clases, that currently exist in game files. Make knife unholstering cooldown before taking any acton.
- Add more generic ways of killing target on levels and upgrade target routes. Like officer in mission 1, 4, 9. Make 2-4 rooms for every target.
I dont play Alekhine's Gun more than a month now, so i dont remember everything.
06-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Some suggestions for improving Saboteur difficulty:
  • Have a silent takedown require half instinct rather than full. Good that a silent takedown now costs half instinct, but really it should mean that you can perform two silent takedowns at a time, not one.
  • In Check and Mate, have the detectives looking at the chart on the second floor do something else after you get the evidence.
  • Also in Check and Mate, expand the trigger to get the cops in the garage to move to the room with the glass window so the job is triggered when you enter the room connecting the corridor to the prison with the garage.
  • And finally, have the cop standing around with the prisoner near the stairs move him to the jail. You don't have to have him enter the holding cells, just make them stand in front of the desk with the note.

Also, I feel kind of cheated playing Omerta on Saboteur difficulty. Apparently, the guards won't see you sneaking around unless you get really close to them, whereas if you stand up or take cover, they'll see you normally.
06-04-2016, 11:15 PM
A silent takedown with instinct? How do you do that?

I didn't even know it was possible.
06-05-2016, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 03:19 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(06-04-2016 11:15 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  A silent takedown with instinct? How do you do that?

I didn't even know it was possible.

How to do: just get to enemy from behind and press space. I think this option even highlighted for you. Instinct takedown must be your first takedown, so you can restore instinct for next one.
And i feel you need to read manual and check free pdf file about AG development on publisher website.

Do you know that instinct can be used to autopick one tumbler any time if you got like 75% of instinct bar? You can watch my videos and learn many more little tricks, that speed up your gameplay.

Exclamation I got so many notes on levels design and details like animations, hud, bug fixes, little gameplay optimization, etc. Too many text and it never be fixed anyway. I wait for modkit release and see what i can do myself. Most of level design optimization can be easyly done by basic tools. Exclamation
06-05-2016, 06:51 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2016 06:46 PM by Hiei-.)
Ok, I see. Until now, I only played without using the instinct, which might be why I never noticed it.

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look at the pdf/videos.
06-17-2016, 10:27 PM
So....What happens next for Death to Spies/Alekhines Gun? Its awfully silent now..

DLC? More Patches?

And i think we are getting the level editor soon right?