Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Alekhine's Gun
10-30-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: Alekhine's Gun
This game is cursed. Hope Maximum Games has fun at their Friday Night Fights nonsense while they slowly bury themselves. Who owns that company? A billionaire who doesn't care about a few million lost...? seems like it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Guys, what's going on? I have the same picture without release date in my steam.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-30-2015, 10:15 PM
(10-30-2015 10:02 PM)forlik Wrote:  Guys, what's going on? I have the same picture without release date in my steam.

If you go to the main steam page of the game (store page) the one where pictures/trailers/game info are present.

A big blue bar right on the top of the page right below the screenshots says 19th February
10-30-2015, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 10:38 PM by Hiei-.)
Maximum Games Producer says 'it's a strange answer'. Does he want to imply that developpers are lying? If yes, what a nice publisher...

I see you have edited your answer and removed the part where you were explaining the delay, I guess they asked them to do so... Let's just put a copy here for those who are interested in this information :

(10-30-2015 03:12 PM)Alexey Wrote:  Game delayed because of submission process to consoles first parties (Sony/MS).

The whole marketting process is just a total mess (all they answer since several weeks are 'more details soon'...) but I hope you'll still have success with the game.

Others answers from Twitter : https://twitter.com/Blaw76/status/660079806743203840

I'm done with that personally, but as I said on Twitter, I still wish you best luck for the game sales.
10-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Well, in my experience 9 out of 10 publishers i know are like that, silent most of the time and VERY careful with what they say.

If i didn't buy games from some of these publishers my game library would be very small, that said there are times where you have to step your foot down (like the pre-order program for DeusEx4) Warner Bros and BatmanAK and Classic Ubi shenanigans

Thus far they haven't done anything extreme other than being very bad at marketing and very slow with game updates, honestly if this was the only sin a publisher these days does, the gaming industry would be at a better state.
I mean they havent announced sh*** pre-order DLC/season pass to milk us yet, or microtransactions or anything of the sort that goes on these days

Take note, I'm NOT defending them, what they are doing is playing with loyal customers and fans.
We should all just wait until the 10th of November and see what goes
10-31-2015, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 01:01 AM by Hiei-.)
Dunno. Personally, this is the first time I see a publisher delaying a game 10 days before the release and without even any official statement yet. Also the first time I see a publisher where you have to near "beg" them to put a Steam page online (Steam page still pretty empty yet...). And also the first time I see a publisher who seems to not doing any proper marketting (excepting social medias/youtube).

The problem is not really the publisher in my decision to not buy the game, it's just I was hyped to play it soon after all those years of waiting and as they said, it was a good opportunity while waiting for the next Hitman. But now, PC gamers should not have a game released at the planned date because Microsoft/Sony took too long to give their authorization to release the game? (though, it wouldn't have been a first time with different releases dates for consoles and pc versions, GTA V did it, for example, and WWE 2K15-16 also did it, even if in both examples, PC version got released later, never before). But without PC gamers who bought the first two games, this game would have never existed at all so...

I mean, at least, if they had stated three months ago (like for Hitman) that the game had high chances to be delayed, there wouldn't be any problem now as we wouldn't have been dissapointed so close to the release date...

Why do you want to wait until the 10th of November? If they didn't got the authorization to publish it on PS4/One yet, it's already too late. Even if they would have it during the next week, you can't ship games worldwide in only a few days, it something that should be made weeks before the release date.

In Feb/March, I already planned to buy the new Hitman and I don't see the point in buying two social stealth games at the same time at full price, it would be just a waste of money...

I never said I would never play the game anyway Wink If it's like the demo, it should be a pretty good game. I just said I wouldn't buy it at full price if it's delayed, especially for such a silly reason in my opinion (Steam often discounts games after a while, and as it seems there will be four more months of wait, then four, or six, or a whole year, where is the difference Big Grin ?).

Or I could also play a cracked version when it'll be released and buy it later, when it'll be discounted, it's their loss anyway, not mine (at least, it'll make me save some money). If they think consoles users are the most important customers in their future profits for this game, they are probably right (they should know better than me) so with or without my money (a PC gamer), it won't probably change much.
10-31-2015, 01:27 AM
Well the February date is still not "Official" That's why i say we should wait, cause the game could launch late November or even early December.
10-31-2015, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 03:26 AM by Hiei-.)
(10-31-2015 01:27 AM)armitom Wrote:  Well the February date is still not "Official" That's why i say we should wait, cause the game could launch late November or even early December.

We're in a state where I wouldn't even believe them if they would announce another date before Christmas so, whatever...

And a delay is a delay anyway, a few weeks or several months, it would still a delay only because of PS4/One versions, so if they want me to pay the full price, it's would be the initial release date or nothing (as Alexey confirmed the game is ready to be released). It the game wasn't ready, it would be different of course, but this is not the case.

The Arkham Knight example is a good one actually. Arkham games are originaly consoles games (Rocksteady didn't even wanted to work on the PC version which is the proof they consider the game as a console game), and they tried to rush the PC port and we saw what happened.

It would have been smarter to first release it for the original fanbase/system (console gamers) then release it a few months later (at the date they rereleased it for example, so October 28) on PC to have a no-broken version.

And if WB would have choose to delay the console versions because of the PC port problem, it would have been completely silly (but fortunately, they didn't) as the console version was working fine.

But I'm glad some PC gamers still plan to support the game, from what I saw with the demo, the developpers deserve it.

I was probably waiting this game too much (it was the only big game I was interested in this year and the only one I had decided to preorder) but I started to felt there were some problems when I saw that the preorder was still not available, even 15 days before the initial release, which never happen on steam. Usually, you can preorder a game as soon as the steam page/price is up.
11-02-2015, 03:41 AM
Sad RE: Alekhine's Gun
10 days from "release" and we have no idea if it's coming out or not....I was planning to preorder it this week too. Oh well. Great PR team over there at Maximum Games.
11-02-2015, 11:23 AM
I hate the silence Tongue