Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Alekhine's Gun
10-24-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: Alekhine's Gun
(10-24-2015 02:01 PM)armitom Wrote:  
(10-24-2015 01:55 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  For some bizarre reason, the home page for Alekhine's Gun now says "Free DLC" instead of home. Any foreshadowing?Wink

ooooh, if they give free DLC support, i will buy 3 copies of the game Big Grin (when i can) just like i did with the witcher

But it could also be a mistake, we will see.

With Hitman: Absolution, you got a DLC depending on what retailer you pre-ordered from. But all DLCs became available for purchase on Day One, so maybe it could be a similar thing with Alekhine's Gun. But unlike Absolution, I'd think twice if the DLC involves extra guns rather than extra missions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2015, 11:45 PM
Steam Page says the game is delayed to Feb 2016?

Is that true? Would be sad, but if they need more time take more time.
However the release is very close to HITMAN6 and being so similar might hurt sales a bit.
10-28-2015, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2015 11:51 PM by Niall.)
That's odd. Usually if a game is that close to release any delays are normally small (a week or two). The game must be finished by now. They surely couldn't have underestimated the release date by 3 months!
10-28-2015, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2015 11:57 PM by Hiei-.)
I hope this is an error, because if it's real, it would mean that only the PC version will be delayed (PS4/One versions should be ready since a while, they can't press the disc in only a few days so it's to late for those versions to be delayed.) and it wouldn't be serious at all to delay the PC version twelve days before the release.

If the PC version is really delayed, as much as I love the game and tried to help when I could (backed the Kickstarter, made a trailer a while ago), it'll be without me.

But I hope/suppose it's just an error, as the steam page is still not complete (no controller support specified on the page, no preorder possibility, etc...)
10-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Looks like a PR.
10-29-2015, 06:25 PM
I sent a message to Maximum Games asking if the game has been delayed and they said they are working out some details, will announce more in a bit. doesn't sound good to me.
10-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Its very suspicious to delay the game so close to release (10-15 days) since most of the game should be done by then.

Hopefully everything is ok, and they will tell us more soon.

Even if a delay must happen i wonder why they have to delay it for 4months?
10-29-2015, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2015 10:35 PM by Hiei-.)
I dunno. But it's pretty sure PS4/One versions aren't delayed. At least, I hope for them. Delayed all the versions ten days before the release will probably bury the game.

Especially when the publisher more or less "joked" when Hitman delay where announced saying "Well, you'll be able to play Alekhine's Guns during the wait" (or something like that, I don't remember exactly).

If it's still released on November 10 on PC, I'll gladly buy it.

If it's released on Feb 19, 2016, I guess I will rather buy the new Hitman and wait until Alekhine's Gun is discounted on Steam). t would be pretty silly from me to buy two stealth games at full price two months in a row.

But this publisher doesn't seem very serious :/ Took lot of time to put the steam page online, which is still pretty much incomplete, then change the release date without any announcements (Square Enix announced the new Hitman game delay three months before the planned release date), it's not very professional...

(10-29-2015 06:25 PM)Jimbo Wrote:  I sent a message to Maximum Games asking if the game has been delayed and they said they are working out some details, will announce more in a bit. doesn't sound good to me.

I also asked them on twitter and while my previous questions were answered pretty quickly, this time, they didn't answered at all (probably to avoid to answer in public) so yeah it doesn't sound good (for the PC version, at least).
10-30-2015, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 12:02 AM by armitom.)
I am 100% sure they wont go for a separate console and PC release.

I mean come on.... this isnt ubisoft....

If the date is true, i think its a bad one, as you said hitman6 being so close, add the fact that Deus Ex 4 will also release on that month, idk...
10-30-2015, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 04:43 AM by Niall.)
How can you be 10 days from release and realise you need an extra three months to complete the game?! Surely the game is finished.

I don't like the sound of this: https://twitter.com/RedLetterGamer/statu...8244776960