Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Alekhine's Gun
09-16-2015, 08:19 PM
RE: Alekhine's Gun
I would advise NOT visiting maximumgames.com as I tried to go to that site twice in the last few minutes and both times Norton blocked a high severity intrusion attempt by a Nuclear Exploit Kit. The site linked in Liz Shaw's post seems to be fine though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2015, 09:02 PM
(09-16-2015 08:19 PM)Niall Wrote:  I would advise NOT visiting maximumgames.com as I tried to go to that site twice in the last few minutes and both times Norton blocked a high severity intrusion attempt by a Nuclear Exploit Kit. The site linked in Liz Shaw's post seems to be fine though.

WTF??? Does this mean they're being hacked?
09-22-2015, 10:23 PM
(09-16-2015 08:19 PM)Niall Wrote:  I would advise NOT visiting maximumgames.com as I tried to go to that site twice in the last few minutes and both times Norton blocked a high severity intrusion attempt by a Nuclear Exploit Kit. The site linked in Liz Shaw's post seems to be fine though.

Retry to check ? Because I got nothing with Eset NOD32 so not sure it come from the website.

Anyway, just posting here to say the new Hitman is delayed till March 2016 so "Alekhine's Gun" will be the only (social) stealth game released before the end of the year, so I hope it'll help you to sell a lot of copies Smile
09-23-2015, 06:53 AM
(09-22-2015 10:23 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  

Retry to check ? Because I got nothing with Eset NOD32 so not sure it come from the website.

Anyway, just posting here to say the new Hitman is delayed till March 2016 so "Alekhine's Gun" will be the only (social) stealth game released before the end of the year, so I hope it'll help you to sell a lot of copies Smile

Shame about the new Hitman, but it'll give us plenty of time with Alekhine's Gun before it comes out. Plus, it'll mean I can make a few more Contracts in Absolution.
09-23-2015, 08:07 AM
UPDATE:

Here's some GameStop Expo footage:

It seems that there's a third mission which takes place during WWII, most likely the Hotel remake, since at one point it shows Strogov outside a building with a sign that says it's a hotel.

There's a mistake at 3:09. FUGA Fish should be called FUGU Fish, but's that's a minor gripe I have, and I hope to correct this at launch.
09-23-2015, 02:22 PM
Good ol' Fugu fish... *hitman flashback Wink*

Thanks for the vid, liz!
09-24-2015, 05:43 AM
Yet another video from Maximum Games, this time a producer's commentary:

The most interesting thing about the new footage is there are several fire trucks in one of the new German missions, and if you pause at 1:26, you can clearly see someone who looks like a firefighter. forlik, what do you know about the Feuerschutzpolizei or any fire brigade from the Nazi era?

Nothing else to comment except nothing like sitting at the club and watching bikies fail spectacularly at adjusting the boom box for the evening band performance...Big Grin
09-24-2015, 11:38 AM
^Im getting more excited the more we see about the game! Big Grin
10-01-2015, 05:45 AM
Here's an updated link to the homepage:

http://www.alekhines-gun.com/

The producer commentary video is now featured on this page, which is the only difference compared to the now obsolete link.
10-03-2015, 06:51 AM
Two new videos, one from Haggard Games and the other from Maximum Games:

Just as well I'm still subscribed to HG's channel, I didn't think they'd post new videos anymore. HG's video demonstrates the style of the cinematics for the game. This particular scene shows Rambaldi talking in the phone booth. Strogov eventually finds him and a Mexican standoff ensues, before Gestapo agents arrive and the two of them gun them all down. So in other words, it's as strange as a Tarantino film.Big Grin