Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's your favorite stealth game and why?
06-02-2014, 03:40 PM
What's your favorite stealth game and why?
Well, as the subject says, just wanted to know various cons/pros of favorite games Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: What's your favorite stealth game and why?
Is that including or not including DTS?
06-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Not including.
06-02-2014, 10:18 PM
My favorite stealth series is Hitman. I like the social stealth combined with abilities of accident-like killing.
The greatest impressions was from first part (Codename 47 in 2000), Blood Money was the best from the best, Absolution was the worst. Yes, for me it's the worst part unfortunately Sad
Also (despite it's not 100% stealth) I like Commandos series very much. Especially the first part with addon (Behind Enemy Lines, Beyond the Call of Duty). I like WW2 setting combined with quite high difficult strategy.
Death to Spies combined two of my favorite series. That's why i played DtS/MoT so much time and spent for modifications even more time than played Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2014, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 10:48 PM by Jock.)
Metal Gear.

Hitman so boring Wink
06-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Aside from Death to Spies, one of my favourite stealth game series has to be Splinter Cell (I've had experience with the games since 2004, though I haven't gotten round to playing the more recent games (Conviction and Blacklist)).

Another favourite of mine has to be Dishonored. I like the idea of not killing anybody, even assassination targets.

The thing with stealth games in general is that they offer a way to get around the issue with excessive violence in games - something I quickly picked up when playing the GBA port of Pandora Tomorrow on an emulator. Dishonored gives the player two choices - killing people or simply choking them unconscious. Corvo can either murder people in his quest for revenge and lose his sense of humanity, or simply show restraint, and the chaos system reinforces the choices he makes. This is what I like about the game, and the low chaos approach can give players some moral lessons.
06-03-2014, 05:05 PM
(06-02-2014 10:18 PM)forlik Wrote:  Also (despite it's not 100% stealth) I like Commandos series very much. Especially the first part with addon (Behind Enemy Lines, Beyond the Call of Duty). I like WW2 setting combined with quite high difficult strategy.
Death to Spies combined two of my favorite series. That's why i played DtS/MoT so much time and spent for modifications even more time than played Smile

Thumbs up for Commandos! Also Hidden&Dangerous.
06-03-2014, 08:45 PM
(06-03-2014 05:05 PM)Alexey Wrote:  Also Hidden&Dangerous.
Yes, it's good game also. Spent a lot of time in Hidden & Dangerous 2 Sabre Squadron.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user