Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Blank map
08-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Blank map
Here is the blank map. Contains only flat terrain that you can modify and player spawn point.
You have to copy contents from CopyWhatsInsideIntoGame folder into the game Smile

To run Template level, just copy/overwrite startup.shad from archive into [game]\Scripts folder.

Planning todo some video tutorials (dunno with voice or just subtitles).

Attached File(s)
.rar  TemplateLevel.rar (Size: 411.82 KB / Downloads: 455)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2016, 08:25 PM
RE: Blank map
(08-13-2016 07:25 PM)Alexey Wrote:  Here is the blank map. Contains only flat terrain that you can modify and player spawn point.
You have to copy contents from CopyWhatsInsideIntoGame folder into the game Smile

To run Template level, just copy/overwrite startup.shad from archive into [game]\Scripts folder.

Damn it, I didn't think to back up the startup file. Perhaps you should do both voice and subtitles.
08-13-2016, 09:34 PM
(08-13-2016 07:25 PM)Alexey Wrote:  Here is the blank map. Contains only flat terrain that you can modify and player spawn point.

I hope my tutorials dont gonna look bad after you release yours. Thx for blank map.
08-14-2016, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2016 08:45 AM by Hiei-.)
Thanks for the blank map.

(08-13-2016 08:25 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  

Damn it, I didn't think to back up the startup file. Perhaps you should do both voice and subtitles.

I loaded the empy template in-game then made a save then restored the old file.

This way, I can access all the levels, and for the template, I can access it by loading the save (I tried to edit the template after the save was done to be sure the changes would appear in-game and they do).

But the file seems pretty easy to modify with an hex editor so maybe a version with all levels and the template might be easy to do (or at least, to replace one level in the list with the template one).
08-14-2016, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2016 10:10 AM by allrounder18.)
WoW extreme thanks dude , if you are planning to do videos kindly do that in the following order.
1)Terrian editing
2)Adding objects in to the game and also using visarea for building internal rooms and how to connect them with outside objects.
3)Using of waypoints , portals , AI area and anchors to setup NPC movement and also how to let them accessing indoors using portals
4)Triggers and Scripts preferably in detail so that setting up various events/accidents becomes possible
5)How to setup primary , 2ndary objectives and exit objectives.

That's it and it covers all aspects of the editor.

BTW I have learned lua and now can interpret the scripts Big Grin