Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Alekhine's Gun
10-30-2015, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 04:39 PM by Hiei-.)
RE: Alekhine's Gun
I answered to this tweet (pretty long answer).

The game is finished, as he said they are ajusting the release date. If not, he would just have confirmed the delay and the fact others versions aren't delayed is a proof that the game is finished.

The situation is pretty simple for me, anyway. If the PC version is released on Nov 10, as the same time as PS4/One, I'll happily buy it on steam.

If it's delayed on PC, as I don't like to be screwed (especially when the fanbase is on PC, DTS1/2 are PC games only), and even if I don't like that, I'll just wait for a cracked version (developpers are paid before the release of a game anyway so I won't cry if what seem to be a bad publisher don't get my money).

I love the game and did all I could back in the day (kickstarter backer, created a trailer for the game, contacted some french video games websites) but it doesn't mean I'll accept everything from the publisher.

The ball is in their side.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2015, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 12:36 PM by armitom.)
Gamestop and amazon still say the game will launch on the 10th for PC and consoles

That said marketing for this game is close to non, no big gaming site has even talked about this game releasing which is a bad thing.

I hope the game sells good, if it doesnt, what happens in most cases is layouts on the dev team which is a bad thing in my book.

Edit: they just changed it.
amazon has no release date for console, and 9th of February for PC
Gamestop says ALL versions will launch on the 9th of February
Best Buy says ALL versions will launch on the 9th of February
Walmart says ALL versions will launch on the 31/12/15 (placeholder date, means next year)
Steam however 19th of February

Funny thing is the main site still says 10th of November Tongue

To delay this game so close to release means a couple of things

1.They found a MAJOR gamebreaking bug.
2.They need more time to market the game , cause (lets be honest) most of the marketing the fans have been doing it right now.
3.They want to add more content and polish the game.

I think its obvious there is a delay.
All we can do now is wait.
10-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Oh great!Angry
10-30-2015, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 04:52 PM by Hiei-.)
Well, it'll be without me then.

Don't want to give any money to such a bad publisher.
10-30-2015, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 07:55 PM by Alexey.)
(10-30-2015 03:02 PM)Alexey Wrote:  Guys, all version will be released same time.

So has the PC release definitely been moved as well?
10-30-2015, 03:06 PM
(10-30-2015 02:52 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  Well, it'll be without me then.
Don't want give any money to such a bad publisher.

It's not publisher wish or fault. Publisher will loose much if game won't be released before Christmas. And if game sales will be bad, there is no chance for DLC or second chapter of the game. There is no winners in this.
10-30-2015, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 07:55 PM by Alexey.)
(10-30-2015 03:04 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  So has the PC release definitely been moved as well?

PC will be release same time with consoles. I don't have information now about current release date... Well, at least we will have additional time for testing/fixing bugs.
10-30-2015, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 08:07 PM by Alexey.)
(10-30-2015 03:12 PM)Alexey Wrote:  
(10-30-2015 03:04 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  So has the PC release definitely been moved as well?

PC will be release same time with consoles. I don't have information now about current release date...Well, at least we will have additional time for testing/fixing bugs.

And I will devote some more time to MoTmod Addon.Big Grin
10-30-2015, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 03:20 PM by armitom.)
Thank you so much Alexey, and the team for working hard to bring us the game and for clarifying the situation of the games release date Big Grin

Damn you sony/microsoft for taking too long Sad

Lets hope for a December release then, and good sales for future game support cause i cant get enough of spy/stealth games Big Grin

@Alexey, i know this is a long shot, but is there any chance of the game to be released in GOG? I am in a bad situation here in Greece and cant buy games from Steam due to Capital Controls however i can buy from GOG cause they have a bank in Cyprus, i would be grateful if you could ask the publisher if they are willing to bring the game there, otherwise i will have to wait, who knows how long until my damn government gets its sh*t together Big Grin

Thanks again, cant wait to get my hands on the game!
10-30-2015, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 05:07 PM by Hiei-.)
(10-30-2015 03:06 PM)Alexey Wrote:  
(10-30-2015 02:52 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  Well, it'll be without me then.
Don't want give any money to such a bad publisher.

It's not publisher wish or fault. Publisher will loose much if game won't be released before Christmas. And if game sales will be bad, there is no chance for DLC or second chapter of the game. There is no winners in this.

The publisher more or less joked about "Hitman" delay saying "you'll have more time to play Alekhine's Gun" or something like that which showed they seemed pretty confident to not have any delays for the game release, but Square Enix announced it THREE MONTHS before the actual release date (I would have really liked to see Square Enix release "Death to Spies 3/Alekhine's Gun", as they already have the Hitman licence and is a big enough publisher to not have such problems, submission delay/bad communication).

We are 11 DAYS before the planned release date and they still haven't announced the delay officially (when they should have announced it as soon as they heard about problems), nor did I saw any good marketting yet about the game (most people still haven't heard about the game at all, on PC it's because the Steam page took so much time to be put online, and on consoles because they didn't seem to have done a lot of marketting, like inviting major video game websites to come see the game, which is what most publishers do for their big games, to be sure to have a lot of press coverage).

I love your work but unfortunately, this major delay dropped the hype I had and like I said on Twitter, I don't see a lot of people who will buy two social stealth games (at least, at full price) two months in a row (Hitman will be released three weeks after your game, the new release date couldn't be worst, especially when the new Hitman proved they are back to the roots with the Closed Alpha that anyone could play).

Most people will probably buy one and wait for a discount for the other one, and unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the one most people will buy at full price will be the famous one... :/

Not to mention they are other big games in the same month (Feb/March is often pretty crowded with game releases) and some were expected for several years like Deus Ex...) :

Feb 16 : X-Com2
Feb 23 : Far Cry Primal (Stealth)
Feb 26 : Deus Ex Mankind Divided (Stealth)
March 8 : Tom Clancy's The Division
March 11 : Hitman (Social Stealth)
March 24 : Dark Souls 3

I didn't even count Uncharted on PS4 and Quantum Break on One.

Honestly, we can't really say "Maximum Games" seems pretty serious. I asked them about the "Controller Support" on PC because the Steam page doesn't indicate it. They said there is "Controller Support" for sure, it was like three weeks ago, and they still doesn't even took two minutes to add it to the Steam Page... No indication about Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, etc... basic things even little indy games support and indicate in their Steam page before the initial release date.

Bad communication/lack of communication is completely their fault. Do you realize some people asked for informations and they still haven't gave any, and you, the developpers, have answered? Isn't the work of the publisher to deal with such things, and not the developpers work?

Same, still no preorder when it should be available since when the Steam page was put online. Don't say me they still don't know the price of a game they planned to release in 11 days... ?

Also the same for the PS4/One problems, they could have foresaw that a while ago, it seems it's not the first time they release a console game (I would have put a longer release date first, then would have reduced it, which is also a good sign sent to players), and I don't see why it should impact the PC version. Sometimes, some games are released later on PC (WWE 2K15-16, GTA V) so I don't see why the opposite would be a problem and why the original fanbase might have to wait several more months just because console newcomers versions is not ready to sale...

I hope the game will still sale pretty well, but I unfortunately won't support such methods (because of the consoles versions, we already often have bad ports (Arkham Knight) or ports locked to 30 fps, and now, we have delays? Wow...) and there will be the new Hitman to play near the same date anyway... I know the publisher probably don't care but some PC gamers did their best to try to keep the game alive (backed on Kickstarter, talked about the game on website/forums) and now, we should wait again, when console gamers didn't probably never heard about the game until now? Well...

It's not like they seem to care at all about PC gamers anyway (probably like Rocksteady who only care about/want to work on consoles versions because it sell more) so I guess a few more or lesss sale on the PC version won't change anything for them...