Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anachronisms/Mistakes in DtS/MoT
12-01-2019, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2019 03:38 AM by Samz707.)
RE: Anachronisms/Mistakes in DtS/MoT
(11-27-2019 02:32 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(11-26-2019 09:15 PM)Samz707 Wrote:  (really only sticks out since there's no scoped Kar98k in the first two games and the Gewehr 43 is the only German Sniper.)

Actually, the scoped Kar98k was introduced in MoT. And funnily enough, the briefing for Renegades mentions that Starikov and Nikolayev carry Brownings as well as TTs, yet the Browning was never created for any Death to Spies game, nor can anyone carry two pistols at once.

It's never too late to post your facts on this thread, so don't let the age of the OP discourage you.Big Grin
Yeah you can only carry multiple pistols with a backpack, which I don't think any AI in the series have. (I also don't think you can place a backpack in the inventory of an enemy in the Original Death to spies, at least via the inventory menu, dunno about MOT.)

The Sten was actually designed to be able to use German MP40 magazines, which Death to spies (and 99 Percent of WW2 Games with the Sten,) doesn't let it do, it also tends to clip into Semyon's Shoulder when holstered, I also can't remember if we ever see any of the British NPC's in missions armed with them. (Just Lee Enfields and Colt 1911's I think.)

I also can't find anything about Smersh using Choloform. (Not with a quick search anyway, I admit this was just done by searching "SMERSH Chloroform" in google so I could be wrong but all of the results were related to the game series.)

In reality, the German Army used the Kar98 alot more than the MP40 which is kinda the opposite of how the weapons are distributed in Death to Spies.

The F1 Handgrenade is unlike the other grenades a "Defensive" Grenade, basically, much heavier but with a rather large explosion (so much that throwing one without something strong to hide behind is extremely dangerous.) but in-game it's like the other grenades, the same applies to the mines as the larger and heavier mine I don't think has a larger blast radius.

The Haversack weighs the same as the full-size backpacks (A minor thing admittingly but it does make it so there is literally no point to wearing it over the russian backpack aside from looking different.)

Gonna throw in some Alekhine's gun stuff.

Alekhine's gun's AKM is apparently (according to IMFDB) just the original AK47 rather than an AKM, which is milder than the Usual AK mistakes. (since the AKM is just an improved AK47 rather than games claiming some Chinese copy is the real deal).

Semyon holds the K98/Mosin Nagant as if they have a pistol grip in Alekhine's gun.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anachronisms/Mistakes in DtS/MoT - Samz707 - 12-01-2019 03:31 AM