Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anachronisms/Mistakes in DtS/MoT
11-26-2019, 09:15 PM
RE: Anachronisms/Mistakes in DtS/MoT
Quite late but I figured I'd throw a few I know.

The Nagant Revolver actually has a bit of metal over the back of the cylinder unlike most revolvers (Unlike the version in Death to Spies) which is what makes it be able to be silenced.

Pilots/Officers in Lightning carry Lugers, The Luger was mostly removed as a combat-weapon during 1938 (it was basically more flashy than practical for combat), while I admittingly am no expert, it seems they would probably given the cheaper/more practical for combat P38's instead. (Could be wrong though.) The Luger was still used onwards from 1938 but mostly since there was a high demand for handguns but they stoped getting any more Lugers in 1943, its not impossible for the Pilots to have Lugers, it just seems a bit unlikely. (haven't checked all the dates of other levels which have Lugers and don't.)

The Gewehr 43 was actually not used that much as a sniping weapon, apparently the German army prefered Kar98's with scopes. (really only sticks out since there's no scoped Kar98k in the first two games and the Gewehr 43 is the only German Sniper.) Also for some reason the Gewehr 43 is the only weapon that no spare ammo can found for which is a bit weird. (probably balancing reasons.)

Less of a mistake and more of a compromise due to the weapons made for the game but the British Army didn't use 1911's as much as potrayed in the game, they did use 1911's delivered from the US but they also had two handguns of their own (The Webley revolver and the Browning High power.) but these are never seen in Death to Spies.

Another thing that's more of a compromise but Lee Enfields were generally reloaded with stripper clips (like the Kar98K) instead of magazines since it was cheaper, this was probably done due to the magazine-based reloading of Death to Spies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anachronisms/Mistakes in DtS/MoT - Samz707 - 11-26-2019 09:15 PM