Haggard Games Forum
Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - Printable Version

+- Haggard Games Forum (http://www.haggardgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Alekhine's Gun (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? (/showthread.php?tid=1600)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - allrounder18 - 05-18-2016 09:41 AM

I can't imagine what creative sort of guys (including me too Tongue) can craft unimaginable missions with the level editor , with hitman taking so time release its episodes I think more people will be interesting in this game with practically unlimited levels to play from.
With the bugs fixing in the friday patch I can't see what could go wrong with this game , The only thing left is to market it heavily with the tags like "Create and Assassin" , "This game never really ends" and stuff like that.

(05-18-2016 09:41 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  I can't imagine what creative sort of guys (including me too Tongue) can craft unimaginable missions with the level editor , with hitman taking so time release its episodes I think more people will be interesting in this game with practically unlimited levels to play from.
With the bugs fixing in the friday patch I can't see what could go wrong with this game , The only thing left is to market it heavily with the tags like "Create and Assassin" , "This game never really ends" and stuff like that.

I already having a multiple ending type 5 episodes pack in my mind in which the ending of the final episode depends upon your choices in the earlier missions.

Also the difficulty of the last episode could be base on your choices in the earlier episodes like whom to kill and whom to spare , will effect things like no. of guards , areas being locked or unlocked , no of targets etc in the final episode.

So whose gonna team up with me for these episode pack?
I am very much beginner in coding (but atleast I knew it) but can write some whacky twisty stories.
I made some levels in the delta force and age of mythology using waypoints and triggers so I do some knowledge of this shit.

RE: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - Hiei- - 05-18-2016 06:27 PM

I don't think so, but it'll definitively make Alekhine's Gun more popular and played during several years.

I tried both to be honest (new Hitman and Alekine's Gun) and even if the core gameplay of the new Hitman is nice and back to the root, it really lack a lot of contents.

Levels seems to wide, probably because they were first planned to have two missions in each location, which is now down to one mission per location.

Big levels are nice, but if they are pretty empty (not enough targets), it's not really useful.

Each level now have only two targets, when some missions of Hitman Blood Money had three targets, and even one mission had SEVEN targets !!

I just kept the intro pack and I will look into it again when the full content will be available, and probably only when it'll be discounted at 50% or more (I don't feel like to pay 50 dollars for only six or seven missions).

So personally, I prefer Alekhine's Gun which feel more like Blood Money than the new Hitman, but it's just a matter of taste and I think both can coexist Wink

RE: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - Alexey - 05-19-2016 07:41 PM

I don't think that we can somehow compete with Hitman.. Smile Besides, keep in mind that level editor is what we used inside to build levels. It's oriented on game developers. You must be familiar or at least have some knowledge in modding/using some editors like CryEngine. And to make some unique levels you must have knowledge in Lua scripting, because much of the levels logic are done on scripts.

RE: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - Hiei- - 05-20-2016 12:43 AM

(05-19-2016 07:41 PM)Alexey Wrote:  I don't think that we can somehow compete with Hitman.. Smile Besides, keep in mind that level editor is what we used inside to build levels. It's oriented on game developers. You must be familiar or at least have some knowledge in modding/using some editors like CryEngine. And to make some unique levels you must have knowledge in Lua scripting, because much of the levels logic are done on scripts.

I don't doubt some people will have the knowledge to do it, as some peoples are already modding games without official tools most of the times.

And at least, it's always a good time to learn about those things Smile

RE: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - Bloodrot - 05-23-2016 03:39 AM

Hey sorry is this has already been asked, but is there a rough estimate on when the Level Editor will be released?

RE: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - Alexey - 05-25-2016 07:36 PM

(05-23-2016 03:39 AM)Bloodrot Wrote:  Hey sorry is this has already been asked, but is there a rough estimate on when the Level Editor will be released?

I think in a month..

RE: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - allrounder18 - 05-27-2016 08:58 AM

(05-25-2016 07:36 PM)Alexey Wrote:  
(05-23-2016 03:39 AM)Bloodrot Wrote:  Hey sorry is this has already been asked, but is there a rough estimate on when the Level Editor will be released?

I think in a month..

Wow can't wait.

So any body wanna join me for my 5 episode pack?

RE: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - Liz Shaw - 05-27-2016 10:24 AM

(05-27-2016 08:58 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  

I think in a month..

Wow can't wait.

Creating it? Sign me up!Big Grin

RE: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - allrounder18 - 05-27-2016 10:27 AM

(05-27-2016 10:24 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  

I think in a month..

Wow can't wait.

Yep , will rather involve more in the story part rather coding (but atleast I know some coding)

RE: Do you think the level editor will kill the Hitman game? - Liz Shaw - 05-27-2016 11:12 AM

(05-27-2016 10:27 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  
(05-27-2016 10:24 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  

I think in a month..

Wow can't wait.

Yep , will rather involve more in the story part rather coding (but atleast I know some coding)

Can you tell me what this pack will be about via PM? I am curious, maybe I can offer you some advice. There are unused Actors and models, after all.