Haggard Games Forum

Full Version: Editor and tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(08-06-2016 04:06 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2016 04:46 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I installed 3ds Max 2009, and I copied the plugins into the program files. How do I view the SMF models in it?
Extremely relevant. There is no import plugin for .SMF file extension!

(08-06-2016 03:27 PM)allrounder18 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I have added couple of npc in hei uploaded map and added some anchors with animation but npcs just stand their in their position and smoking and then standing idle . how to make npcs use those new anchors?
Assign same idle group unique numbers (use 99 and below, because #100 and after dont work for me) for npc and anchor. Pick show idle group option to view connected anchors and path order. If Hei deleted all waypoints, then you must generate new, or npc want move.
BTW: You can edit terrain in 3dsmax2009, i you want complete blank level.

Ok it looks like hei has removed all the way point and even though I have assign 22 as ai_idle group id and anchor01 group id but he still won't move , can you clarify what are the difference b/w way points ,ai area and anchors? do I have to setup all three in order to create patrol for ai npc?

BTW I have finally findout what is vis area and how to add portal in to it , you can setup an exterior house and setup interior house else where but if you make portal b/w them it will teleport you to that interior house. however the result are still messy.

Few basic things I would want to learn and will great help for every new user.
1)how to setup ai patrol using way point ,ai area and anchors
2)how to setup triggers and its associated action such unlocking certain building if players do certain things
3)setup the uniform zones with specific uniform requirement
4)assigning certain actions for npc , like maid cleaning up , chef cooking , carpenter doing his work
5)how to assign npc as target to kill
6)how to setup internal and external houses with visarea and occlude house with portals
7)how to setup objectives as primary and 2ndary.
8)setup exit zones in order to complete mission.
(08-04-2016 04:46 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I installed 3ds Max 2009, and I copied the plugins into the program files. How do I view the SMF models in it?

You can't import smf. This plugins only for exporting smf.
But you can import/export terrain files. They have extension stf. Also this plugins used to export visarea as spoly objects.
(08-06-2016 04:21 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2016 04:06 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote: [ -> ]
Extremely relevant. There is no import plugin for .SMF file extension!

So how then do I add new skins to an existing SMF model?

You can do that with Material Editor. Just select your Actor and press M. There you can duplicate and add new skins or tweak existing materials.

Also, you are able to load materials from smf using shadvs editor. Do it through import/export.
(08-04-2016 10:16 PM)Hiei- Wrote: [ -> ]First version : https://mega.nz/#!8g4iDA6D!0MH6GrTbMejmX...OLjBLqYngY

Removed :
- Most items
- All NPC (and their anchors/waypoints/sounds)

I haven't touched the layout of the level yet, but I guess it's already enough to be able to try the setup of anchors and such without mixing them with the old ones.

Edit : Tried to alter the layout and not sure we can remove everything without breaking the level. Some parts can be removed fine but some others make the mission crash at startup.

I guess we'll have to wait until Alexey share a proper template or explain us how to export in the game a level created from scratch.

But for now, the first version I did is enough to try some things.

If you will remove waypoints, you will not be able to set/use any Actors. Because AI need them for almost everything.

I will try to make clear level/template soon, with just player spawn point and flat terrain.

Don't forget about scripts. If you are clearing level (for example Ghost of the Past), you have to clear also Level08.Zamok.lua script. Leaving only necessary functions, like OnInitialize, OnFinish, OnLoad, OnSave,etc.. Because if you will not do that, it can try to work with stuff that doesn't exist and can crash..
(08-05-2016 12:27 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote: [ -> ]How can i change models using 3dsmax9?

You can't do that with existing models. (Except you can tweak materials inside editor). This plugins only for creating and exporting new models to the game.

Quote:I cant pick anything except GermanSoldier template for new uniform in Ghost of the Past. GermanOfficer, GermanSkirt dont work. Uniform simply cant be used.

What do you mean you can't pick? If you using existing spawn point with Strogov starting in camoflauge uniform, you can see what uniforms he can use in Actors template. Find Actor[StrogovCamo] and check ActorSkins block.

Quote:How can i change VisArea form? Polyshapes have static form and dont feet in with many structures.

You can create new polyshapes using 3dsmax. Export it as spoly objects. But VisArea's are bit tricky, because they build BSP tree inside them and they must be of convex form.

Quote:Is it possible to make movingbody working on Ghost of the Past? I copypasted script from Omerta .lua, just changed anchors:

There is some problems sometimes with moving bodies that is why we didn't use them. But you can do that using this body anchors. Also actors must have CanMoveBody (or something like that) flag enabled in editor.
You can also setup anchors with Animation Utility - 'U'. Select your actor, assign Idle group if he is not have it, and press Anim anchor. It will place animation anchor and auto fill necessary data. Then for example, you can select you actor and some anchors that you setuped for this actor and press anchors job (in Animation Utility), it will create job for this actor to use this Anchors.
Don't forget about idle groups, they are used to fast communication between actors and also for finding common anchors with this groups if you will select some random anchor job.
Mr Alexey you didn't answer any of my questions.
(08-06-2016 08:21 PM)Alexey Wrote: [ -> ]You can't do that with existing models. (Except you can tweak materials inside editor). This plugins only for creating and exporting new models to the game.
I get it already. Thx for responding to my questions anyway.
(08-06-2016 08:21 PM)Alexey Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean you can't pick? If you using existing spawn point with Strogov starting in camoflauge uniform, you can see what uniforms he can use in Actors template. Find Actor[StrogovCamo] and check ActorSkins block.
I got it too. I place proper script in .lua and i can use my new spare uniform now. Smile
(08-06-2016 08:21 PM)Alexey Wrote: [ -> ]You can create new polyshapes using 3dsmax. Export it as spoly objects. But VisArea's are bit tricky, because they build BSP tree inside them and they must be of convex form.
I plan doing interior for church in mission 1. But what if Visarea dont feet Y perfectly? What if i just place big square inside church and connect with portal? Church roof would be invisible from outside or from inside? Or something else gonna happen?
(08-06-2016 08:21 PM)Alexey Wrote: [ -> ]There is some problems sometimes with moving bodies that is why we didn't use them. But you can do that using this body anchors. Also actors must have CanMoveBody (or something like that) flag enabled in editor.
I know how script works, but for some reason i cant get even single instance of body moved on Omerta, where script originaly worked 100% of times in v1.0
(08-06-2016 08:21 PM)Alexey Wrote: [ -> ]You can't import smf. This plugins only for exporting smf.
But you can import/export terrain files. They have extension stf. Also this plugins used to export visarea as spoly objects.
This is hard hit for me, i thought i can got away just with editing existing models. Undecided Does it mean i can stole assets from other games, import them in 3dmax (Half models for example) and export them in Alekhine`s Gun?
(08-06-2016 05:20 PM)allrounder18 Wrote: [ -> ]Few basic things I would want to learn and will great help for every new user.
1)how to setup ai patrol using way point ,ai area and anchors
2)how to setup triggers and its associated action such unlocking certain building if players do certain things
3)setup the uniform zones with specific uniform requirement
4)assigning certain actions for npc , like maid cleaning up , chef cooking , carpenter doing his work
5)how to assign npc as target to kill
6)how to setup internal and external houses with visarea and occlude house with portals
7)how to setup objectives as primary and 2ndary.
8)setup exit zones in order to complete mission.
General tip: i recommend adding * before every added object, so you can easyly find and remove them, if something went wrong. Use search a lot ("H").

1. NPC using waypoints by default, picking fastest way to new target. You can create you own and link them to existing group or create "door waypoints" to connect waypoints from different groups (used to distinct height levels or visareas). You want to attach all kind of animation anchors to waypoints for precision (usualy if you want someone to sit and perform animation).

Second most importand thing about waypoints - vision level. It directly affect ai field of vision length, so have huge impact on gameplay. It would be pain in the ass, to edit all waypoints vision levels, but i done most crucial ones already.

Ai area patrolling - connect starting point with last one you create. Check path and closed path options (otherwise npc go in straight line from last placed point). You can generate waypoints along the lines, that connect points together. You can use animation curve, timings, addictional anchors and intervals, but it a bit advanced.

You want to use patrollingjob anchor for one npc and pick created path for him. You can also use aijob patrol multiple to assign companions, that would follow main npc. Also you must choose same idle group and disable group for every npc or patrol wont properly work.

Anchors serve the purpose of controled timing based alternative to patrol. Pick animation or function or cascade animations for newly created anchor.

For aijob anchoridle you gonna be connecting single anchor or couple of anchors to npc. You want to set up actor idle group number equivalent to every anchor idlegroup nuber he gonna use and put anchor sequence in his aijob anchoridle. You can check showidlegroup parameter on actor, so green arrow appear and show defined sequence.
If you want you actor to perform super complex path, use cascade job manager, where you can define couple of different jobs, but you must include them in .lua too.

For aijob customanimation just use any animation, actor stuck with it for whole map.

For aijob cascadeanimation pick animation sequence and set time for every new animation, use on idle npc.
Analog for aijob cascadeanimation designed for aijob anchoridle called AiAnchor AnimationFixed.
AiAnchor AnimationFunction exist too, mainly for activating your script functions from .lua file or executing callbacks.

2. Most simpletriggers defined already. But for you instance i recommend using function OnEnter trigger, that gonna execute new jobs for actors after activating it. This is far to complex and require codding in lua language skills.
Check different OnEnterTriggers names for your current level (Hei probably deleted them all) and find them in .lua scripts, located in proper Levels folder.

3. Check visiblearea custom params tab to define zones or create simpletrigger with zones.lua and define zones for it. You can use zone editor ("Alt+M") to access zone propereties or create new zones. You can create any combo of npc and player unifrom and pick interaction for that combo.

Example: Pick boid_room from zone list, pick officerSS from NPC forms list, pick Soldier from player form list. Pick Alert reaction from reaction list. Click update level.
What it does? When you enter boid_room (doctor room in prison) in soldier uniform and officer see you - he start to shoot immidiatly.

Interface explanation: if you want to add new player form reaction for same OfficerSS in current screnn, without reentering it, do next:
Uncheck Soldier from player uniform list and pick another uniform/reaction combo for OfficerSS.
If you want to add new NPC reactions to your soldier uniform, uncheck OfficerSS.
If you want create different player/npc unifrom combo, uncheck both OfficerSS and Soldier. Proceed further and create new combo.

4. See #1 Anchors part.
Interface explanation: use AiAnchor Rot Idle. Pick animation from one of predefined templates (strogov or gsoldier for male actors). Like Custom_WashWall and set use time and idle group number same as npc, that gonna execute this anchor. For different types of anchors and jobs see #1 (i dont describe talking job there, because i dont use it yet).

5. This is done in .lua files, located in proper Level folder. Check exemples of developer scripts for Kneller to understand how it works (Levels/Level08.Zamok.lua). Use search for this line Actor.MarkAsTarget( Level.FindActor('KNLR'), true ); And check all related scripts for KNLR to find more on that.
Spoiler: A shit load of work must be done to create new target on level and add description for it. Basicaly you need experience with LuaEditor and Shadvs Editor.

6. Add VisArea with same form as your brush model, use doors and create portals, assigned to door as external brush, and for VisArea as internal scenery.

7. I'm not totaly sure, but you can actualy make leaving mission possible before completed all objectives, if you use right conditions in functions. I will test one thing in latter updates - is it possible to get new task after stepping on function trigger or activating action trigger (like in Black Book mission).

8. It is done by function trigger. Again, you must define it in .lua files. Check Levels/Level02/Level2.lua and search OnEnterTrigger_TaskLEAV to see how its done.

You can track my current mod progression in AG Rebirth theme. I realease videos upon new version release and update todo changelog constantly. You can also check my hardcore walkthrough theme in Alekhine`s Gun subforum, if you interested in hard max.ratings suit only speedruns of all missions except 2 and 11 and superfast speedruns heavily bugs abd exploits abusive in uniforms.
I love seeing people helping each others by sharing infos/knowledge Smile

@Alexey : Okay, I see, seems logical, thanks for the answers Smile I'll wait until the empty template is released before trying to create my first room.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reference URL's