Haggard Games Forum

Full Version: Editor and tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Managed to get an error with the level editor (while I was deleting some assets in the level) : "Assertion failed! (SUCCEDED(hr)) => File (E:\Projects\SmershEditor\RenderSystem\RenderServe.cpp), Line (1713)

But just seem to be a random error because closing/opening the level editor again fix the error.
Seriously man no idea how to use this thing can some one post some tutorial videos , I wanna create a brand new map here.

Ok I manage to find out how to add objects and alter terrain and other things in the map now can you tell me how can I setup patrol for my newly inserted soldier also I want him to smoke in his patrol while also interacting with the bartender and ask for a drink.
Also wanna now what are brushes , anchors , vis area ,entities.

Also how to setup access interiors
(08-04-2016 06:41 PM)allrounder18 Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously man no idea how to use this thing can some one post some tutorial videos , I wanna create a brand new map here.

Ok I manage to find out how to add objects and alter terrain and other things in the map now can you tell me how can I setup patrol for my newly inserted soldier also I want him to smoke in his patrol while also interacting with the bartender and ask for a drink.

I guess it'll take some times before having tutorials as the editor is still pretty new, it'll need time to test how it work.

I'm actually trying to remove at much objects/layers as I can on the first level (without breaking the levels), to be able to use it as a template level.

If I'm right, patrol should be done with anchors and waypoints. Check the first levels, you'll see some anchors which seem to represent guards patrols.
(08-04-2016 07:43 PM)Hiei- Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2016 06:41 PM)allrounder18 Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously man no idea how to use this thing can some one post some tutorial videos , I wanna create a brand new map here.

I guess it'll take some times before having tutorials as the editor is still pretty new, it'll need time to test how it work.

I'm actually trying to remove at much objects/layers as I can on the first level (without breaking the levels), to be able to use it as a template level.

If I'm right, patrol should be done with anchors and waypoints. Check the first levels, you'll see some anchors which seem to represent guards patrols.

If by patrol, you mean guards walking around with machine guns in hand? If so, they are defined by AIAreas (aka Paths).
No, I just meant a guard walking from a point A to a point B, but you're right, patrol is not the right term Smile

Actually I am planning to do the same , kindly upload the naked map when you are done Smile
(08-04-2016 07:53 PM)Hiei- Wrote: [ -> ]No, I just meant a guard walking from a point A to a point B, but you're right, patrol is not the right term Smile

Well then yes, with anchors, they walk to where you placed them and perform the animation you assign to the anchor. For example, they walk to the point and they put their hands behind their backs for a few seconds ("Custom_HandsBack").
(08-04-2016 08:08 PM)allrounder18 Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually I am planning to do the same , kindly upload the naked map when you are done Smile

That's the plan Smile
well looks like I have figured how to set patrol using anchors (and also custom animation on that anchor too) but remember you have to select the particular anchor in the AI job section in order for it to work properly and yes you can select multiple anchors too , now any body know about way points and also how to assign multiple actors for an animation involving two or more actors interacting?
First version : https://mega.nz/#!8g4iDA6D!0MH6GrTbMejmX...OLjBLqYngY

Removed :
- Most items
- All NPC (and their anchors/waypoints/sounds)

I haven't touched the layout of the level yet, but I guess it's already enough to be able to try the setup of anchors and such without mixing them with the old ones.

Edit : Tried to alter the layout and not sure we can remove everything without breaking the level. Some parts can be removed fine but some others make the mission crash at startup.

I guess we'll have to wait until Alexey share a proper template or explain us how to export in the game a level created from scratch.

But for now, the first version I did is enough to try some things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reference URL's