Haggard Games Forum

Full Version: Editor and tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(08-19-2016 02:38 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2016 02:06 PM)allrounder18 Wrote: [ -> ]Common guys keep this thing active

On the plus side, I will use the template level to make tutorial videos.

Any updates on tutorial release schedule?
(10-26-2016 05:12 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2016 02:06 PM)allrounder18 Wrote: [ -> ]Common guys keep this thing active

I have to find a video recording program to record the editor, as Fraps only records the in-engine parts, and I do not want to use HyperCam anymore. And I don't know when I'll make my first tutorial video.
(10-27-2016 01:57 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote: [ -> ]I have to find a video recording program to record the editor, as Fraps only records the in-engine parts, and I do not want to use HyperCam anymore.

If you okay with piracy I can give you pletora of torrent trackers for easy downloadable software. Probably you know this already, but why you cant simply steal any of available recording and editing tools? I shoot all my videos via newest versions of cracked Bandicam.
(10-27-2016 01:57 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote: [ -> ]And I don't know when I'll make my first tutorial video.
I'm realy patient and can wait for years (in some cases decades) if finished product gonna be good.

Unrelated: By changing AI values I manage to recreate Commandos 2 (enemies never become alerted outside critical radius, but still play animations if suspicion too high in potential one) + DtS 1 (in critical zone you cover will be blown almost immediately) decamouflage system (Neutral behaviours realy in handy now for even more immersive experience).
Tweaking weapon stats, smart logic, rebalancing cover priorities and reaction groups in actor templates make AI realy challenging and aggresive in combat. Tweaking all AI behaviours and sound reactions make computer way more enjoyable to play against and stealth becomes super immersive (especialy after fixing blend in system, tweaking zones and npc uniforms).
Disguise blown finaly works and very noticable, enemies will arest you near the dead body (if you same or lower rank or decamouflage if higher), enemies arest you for lockpicking (same or lower rank or interupt higher), enemies competent at raising alarm and spreading information faster, suspicious activities such as crouching, boxing, showing knife blow you cover after 1.5 seconds. Timings on forgeting dead body and shooting investigation are greatly decreased to improve dynamic, investigation animation need to be replaced for more realistic one.
You cant now use cheesy tactic of cercling suspicious enemy and taking them down from spine since critical zones working properly. Changing uniforms, carrying dead body, firing your gun seen from almost any distance and blow your cover super fast. In idle state fov and range increased by 30. Guarded state caused by sounds or other suspicious activity like witnessing dead body now increase fov and range by whooping 200 points. Decreased crouch running from 30 to 16, which is slightly faster than npc walking speed, animation look bad (i try to remove crouch run entirely next).
Decoy and whistling now use different radius (cant change the way they working at least right now), silenced weapons have 50 noice radius and super high cost (min 1200), tranquilizer total cost increased to 3500 for 5 darts and decreased effective distance to almost melee range. Sniper rifles has max 10 bullets now, while almost every other weapon decreased in that regard drasticaly. And that not all changes.
I dont test all missions yet, but my Rebirth level pretty well balanced in both combat (added lot of addictional npcs in smart places to make level feel like living world, eliminate all blind spots for stockpiling bodies and male combat more reach without hindering stealth) and stealth (playtested a lot, all intended design choises works as they should, some way more challenging than others).
(10-27-2016 02:26 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2016 01:57 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote: [ -> ]I have to find a video recording program to record the editor, as Fraps only records the in-engine parts, and I do not want to use HyperCam anymore.

If you okay with piracy I can give you pletora of torrent trackers for easy downloadable software. Probably you know this already, but why you cant simply steal any of available recording and editing tools? I shoot all my videos via newest versions of cracked Bandicam.

I don't really want anything to do with piracy anymore, I only had to very recently when I found that I can't buy 3ds Max 2009 anymore. And Bandicam is not an option, vman actually recommended something called OBS or ODS or something like that.

(10-27-2016 02:26 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2016 01:57 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote: [ -> ]And I don't know when I'll make my first tutorial video.
Unrelated: By changing AI values I manage to recreate Commandos 2 (enemies never become alerted outside critical radius, but still play animations if suspicion too high in potential one) + DtS 1 (in critical zone you cover will be blown almost immediately) decamouflage system (Neutral behaviours realy in handy now for even more immersive experience).
Tweaking weapon stats, smart logic, rebalancing cover priorities and reaction groups in actor templates make AI realy challenging and aggresive in combat. Tweaking all AI behaviours and sound reactions make computer way more enjoyable to play against and stealth becomes super immersive (especialy after fixing blend in system, tweaking zones and npc uniforms).
Disguise blown finaly works and very noticable, enemies will arest you near the dead body (if you same or lower rank or decamouflage if higher), enemies arest you for lockpicking (same or lower rank or interupt higher), enemies competent at raising alarm and spreading information faster, suspicious activities such as crouching, boxing, showing knife blow you cover after 1.5 seconds. Timings on forgeting dead body and shooting investigation are greatly decreased to improve dynamic, investigation animation need to be replaced for more realistic one.
You cant now use cheesy tactic of cercling suspicious enemy and taking them down from spine since critical zones working properly. Changing uniforms, carrying dead body, firing your gun seen from almost any distance and blow your cover super fast. In idle state fov and range increased by 30. Guarded state caused by sounds or other suspicious activity like witnessing dead body now increase fov and range by whooping 200 points. Decreased crouch running from 30 to 16, which is slightly faster than npc walking speed, animation look bad (i try to remove crouch run entirely next).
Decoy and whistling now use different radius (cant change the way they working at least right now), silenced weapons have 50 noice radius and super high cost (min 1200), tranquilizer total cost increased to 3500 for 5 darts and decreased effective distance to almost melee range. Sniper rifles has max 10 bullets now, while almost every other weapon decreased in that regard drasticaly. And that not all changes.
I dont test all missions yet, but my Rebirth level pretty well balanced in both combat (added lot of addictional npcs in smart places to make level feel like living world, eliminate all blind spots for stockpiling bodies and male combat more reach without hindering stealth) and stealth (playtested a lot, all intended design choises works as they should, some way more challenging than others).

I'm looking forward to what settings you can tweak the AI. Maybe I can use these for my addon too. I'm thinking of making silent takedowns require half instinct on Saboteur instead of requiring full but costing half.
(10-27-2016 01:57 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2016 05:12 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote: [ -> ]

I have to find a video recording program to record the editor, as Fraps only records the in-engine parts, and I do not want to use HyperCam anymore. And I don't know when I'll make my first tutorial video.

Use ShadowPlay ? It's included in Geforce Experience (at least, if you use a Nvidia graphic card).

It's free, it can capture games footage and also desktop (there's a box to check to activate the desktop capture).
(10-27-2016 03:57 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking forward to what settings you can tweak the AI. Maybe I can use these for my addon too. I'm thinking of making silent takedowns require half instinct on Saboteur instead of requiring full but costing half.

At current state my mod look unpolished. I want to finish prison simple upgrade and refine some obvious edges before releasing my first stable prealpha version. I try to upload map + ai package at the start of next week.
I finaly fixed sound logic for player movement, enemies act like real humans now (far more advanced than Hitman 2016). Whistling still a problem, but i optimized it a lot too. And some cool stuff too. After tweaking ai investigate so good. I increased search radius from 20 to 60 and ai go realy far now + fixed information spreading cover huge part of map. Instead 2-3 enemies juggling in circles we have search groups of 6-7 npcs checking every corner. So leaving bodies, especialy naked ones, doom your entire progress. I improved lot of technical ai stuff too. Dont go in details like changing whole smart fight logic, but accuracy, rate of fire and tactics of enemies now on the edge. They camp you, not otherwise. Of course you can wait lot of time and ai fall in your carefuly prepared ambush, but that work only because grenades was cut from the game.
New complete pack instead of old one:
Alekhine's Gun Rebirth + AI + Level02Minor + Level08Fix + Levels for editor
NEW LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4vtefsz3zt9mu...r.zip?dl=0
My new internet rocks! Uploaded 1 gb video in 3 minutes.

NEW VIDEO THERE:

Any ideas on how to make running suspicious?

<Parameter name="TIME_LINKED_ACTOR_SEEK" value="60.0" /> <!-- This is the amount of time that has to pass since we last saw a friend to delcare him missing -->
Or this (from Desperados code)?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reference URL's