Haggard Games Forum

Full Version: Editor and tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(08-11-2016 01:46 AM)Hiei- Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016 04:56 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016 04:04 AM)Hiei- Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I don't even search how to edit models, the ones included in the levels would be fine for now.

Just how to setup four walls, a roof, a door and for the textures, the ones used for the walls in the official levels would be fine, for now.

Thanks for all your work Smile

You cant do it like that. There is no brush objects like roofs and walls. But you can create simplest models in 3dsmax 2009 and export them in the game. All buildings in the game either full models or giant blocks for big buildings. Like castle in mission 1 created from 4 blocks.
But you dont need create, if you can borrow something better Wink

Ok, okay, I see. So basically, I just have to create the room in 3ds max 2009 then export it?

@allrounder18 : Haven't read everything yet but maybe you try to change to many things at a time? Maybe try to take more time to get more knowledge about the levels before starting to do more complicated things?

About the russian interface, you can just check with the english one to see the english names (in the russian one, words are at the same place).

Actually I know a bit of visual Basic but I am not getting these scripts, will download the manual and try BTW how to add items to npc animation and does it require coding?
Okay, so I installed 3DS Max 2009 and managed to create a room in it thanks to some tutorials on YouTube.

But now, how do I export it into the level editor?

There's some 3dsmax09 plugins in the Tools directory, should I install them in 3DS Max 2009? If yes, how?

Edit : Okay, I think I found the answers. Just copy the contents of the "plugins" and "plugcfg" folder in the same names directories in "3DS Max 2009" folder.

Then restart 3DS Max 2009 if it's already started and the plugins should then be listed as "loaded" in "Customize => Plug-in Manager".

After that, in File => Export, you'll have new options : Smersh PolyShape (.spoly) and Smersh Terrain (.STF). SMF seems to already there (even without the plugins)
and to be a standard filetype.

But when I copy my "test.SPOLY" file in the "PolyShapes" directory (with the other .SPOLY files), I still only have the three defaults choices in the editor, my new one doesn't appear?

Edit 2 : Okay, I guess the first exported failed (probably because it exported the whole thing). I redid one, and this time, I specifically selected the room and choose "Export selected" and now, it appear in the editor.

But it still appearing as a transparent room, like if I use the "Cube" template. How to add the rest? (textures, etc...). Also in 3DS Max 2009?

When exporting the level in the game, it still complain about "Bsptree not builded". So in "VisArea Params", i checked the "DrawBsp" box then I clicked on "Rebuild" in the "Bsp Tree" part and now the level editor complain about "NoSplitterSpoly found * Not planar polygon specified? 3".

I guess it's because my room is not textured yet in 3DS Max 2009? (or not having everything required yet, like it has no floor for now?)
In the mean time I am happy to copy the whole rooms (including visarea ,interior and exterior) from other levels to the zamok (first) level , how can i do that?

@Hei if you can do a video on how ton enable 3ds max 09 plugin and how to create a room in 3ds max to use as spoly object in smersh editor.
I haven't managed yet to do a room and to insert it back in the game but if I manage to do so, I'll do a tutorial about it (I looked several tutorials on YouTube but I'm not sure they are enough complete to work with the game. I would need to know exactly what the game requirements for a valid room, or better, to have a 3DS Max 2009 sample file from one room of the game).

About "how to enable the plugins", I don't think it need a video. Basically, you just have to copy both plugins folder from the tools in 3DS Max 2009 folder and overwrite them, then start 3DS Max 2009 and now filetype will be added automatically in the "export" menu.
OK guys I am begining to understand LUA scripts just needs some confirmation , if i am not wrong the level.failbarmenpicktray is the function with no parameters and this describe barmen with a tray () represents paramenters which in this case there is none. , local actor is the local variable named "actor" which in actual map is theactor in the level with a unique id "WR05" , if is the logical statement where as .Hasitem is a custom command which associates an item to the above "WR05" ID actor which in this is "TR01" a tray with unique ID the true statement just basically there to run the next line which is again a custom command of .dropitem and the reference to the actor and the tray unique ids.

So am i right or wrong? btw how many custom commands are there in the scripts?

Also are these custom commands mainly to trigger animation which involves interaction with different objects in the game? like switching light on or off , calling for elevators , turning off/on generators etc.
Pls check this thread http://www.haggardgames.com/forum/showth...55#pid3355 and give me your thoughts on my mod and planned changelog. Suggesting new ideas appreciated.
New accidents are a nice idea Smile
Can some one confirmed whether I have comprehended the scripts correctly or not?
Мудреный этот редактор.
(08-12-2016 02:58 PM)adolf Wrote: [ -> ]Мудреный этот редактор.
Смотри мои туториалы и задавай вопросы если что-то не ясно.
Spoiler: Show
New AG Rebirth 0.3 changelog:

Quick update on 0.3: (i reworked Kneller path and added to push accident, so i deleted old bench job footage) Bench job start after Kneller closes door and guard follows him between two push accident anchors and sofa_arm relax animation on street for sniper method, then Kneller execute piss job. In the update video guard dont follow Kneller, because it test example, where i setuped bench job executing first after activating OnEnterTrigger99.
I will release 0.4 version for public, so you can see what i'm done in editor, job and script files

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reference URL's